How do you pronounce your dog's name?

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Sometimes you read a spelling and pronounce a name in your head differently than the owner actually intends it to be pronounced (ie. Mia and Nia the papillons). So how do you pronounce your dogs name?

Chloe - Kl - Oh - Ee

Violet - Vy - Let

GoingNowhere

I would like to think that Boo is pretty self explanatory! :rofl1: If you're still confused, think of ghosts or what you shout when the opposing team is about to score.

Lyzelle

Depends on the day and how much trouble he is in.

Zander Amaroq

Zan - DER Ahm - ah - rrork

(Although I'm sure I butcher Amaroq in one way or another)

It's actually harder saying Jinjo to people it seems than looking at it! With the exception of one desk person at our vets that seems determined his name is "Jingo", when I tell people his name they automatically swamp him with "Ginger! Aren't you sweet!" *face-palm*
In any case, what I always end up telling people is "Gin-like gin and tonic, Jo-like GI Joe" with LOTS of emphasis on "Jo". Sad, I remember years ago in his agility classes someone use to always call him "Joe-sombody" because she couldn't remember the rest, lol.
But if that isn't enough, watch this video and you'll get about 50+ chances to learn how to say it properly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYQ9xnX6Fx0

Enda, I looked it up only after someone told me it's a real name, yeah I seriously just decided to shorten her registered name "Endless" and added an A at the end! Guess I'm not that creative, but it's fitting, it mean "Bird-like". Anyway, I say it "End-Ah".

Noodle...do I have to?

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Auggie - Ogg-ee.

Pepper is just like the condiment.

Payton... If anybody has any questions about Payton's name it's always best if people just watch stuff like this LOL. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_rFTD7OfVg
(Oh my God I just love watching those. #5? Forget it. #1. Best football player of all time.)

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Xena - Zee-nuh. Also ih-dee-ut, buht-hehd and kyoo-tee-pi-puh-pee dawg

BAY-lee
LI-ber-tee
MA-moth

Although I actually can't pronounce Mammoth the way it's meant to be pronounced (my accent), so when I introduce him I often have to spell his name or say "like a giant furry elephant." :p

Grab

I think most of my dogs' names are pretty easy to pronounce, but here goes, lol.

Aesop: A-sup. (I know some people pronounce it A-Sop, but we do not. Nor do we say Eee-sop. He's also called Pup-pup about 90% of the time.

Goose: Goo-ssss

Newt: New- t

Nog: Naw-g

Ginger: Gin-jer

Julian; Ju-Lee-yan

My boys pretty much have easy names.
Pip = Pip, like hip, dip, chip, or flip
Squash = Squash, like the vegetable or the game/sport.

Maisy = MAY-zee, with a z sound not an s sound. (rhymes with CRAZY lol)

OwnedByBCs

Will Creep For Sheep
Gyp- rhymes with Chip and Flip.
Faith- Fay-th?
Sadie- Say-dee
Fiona- Fee-oh-na
Riot- pronounced "bad-dog"
Wesley- Wes-lee

Paige

Let it be
Bandit is very straight forward. No need to clarify there. The cat is exactly how it's spelled but a lot of people get confused. It's not Bro-dee. It's Bro-bee.

Toller_08

I think mine are pretty easy, although people do have trouble with Keira.

Dance = pronounced just like the activity
Ripley = Rip-lee
Keira = Cure-uh, sort of. Key-rah is probably more accurate, but the first way is my lazy way of saying it. And honestly, it sounds silly when people do say Key-rah... her breeder does that all the time and it bugs me. She really emphasizes they 'key' part.

Members online

No members online now.