Pit Bull Needs help. One week.

This is Boss. he is my ex boyfriends ex roommates dog. Follow that?

His owner just got a house with a friend, who has 2 pits of her own. Boss does NOT like other dogs. Boss would need a very experienced owner. Boss is AMAZING with humans, he LOVES them. I love this dog, but am not in ANY position to take him, however, I would def help with transport.

I do not believe he is neutered.

Boss as a puppy

Boss now- about a year old
[/IMG]

Me and Boss

he is about a year old, and hes great with people. His owner just cant keep him because he literally wants to tear apart any dog he sees.

Lolas Dad

Has she tried desensitizing him to other dogs? If so what did she try to do? If she did when did she start and how long was it before she gave up?

Has she tried desensitizing him to other dogs? If so what did she try to do? If she did when did she start and how long was it before she gave up?
I've seen it. He flips out on his littermate from the first pic. he no longer lives with his littermate.

Honestly, I see it as a clear case of "DA pit bull."

They hadn't met other dogs before, and he just does not get along with his roommates dog.

Lolas Dad

I've seen it. He flips out on his littermate from the first pic. he no longer lives with his littermate.

Honestly, I see it as a clear case of "DA pit bull."

They hadn't met other dogs before, and he just does not get along with his roommates dog.

So basically your telling me that they were not introduced properly and he was not socialized to other dogs and basically giving up.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I hope we can find someone. unfortunately, everyone I know is from Miami, no pitties allowed but hes a doll and I hope we can find someone around here that is looking for a dog

So basically your telling me that they were not introduced properly and he was not socialized to other dogs and basically giving up.
He has never been socialized with other dogs. He attacks every single dog he comes in contact with and his owner cannot have the liability of him killing the other dogs he lives with.

Lolas Dad

Well it might have been the wrong dog to bring on in the first place. First of all the dog is not neutered and that can be a problem especially if the other dog in the household is a male dog.

All I know is to introduce 2 dogs together I would do it in a neutral area with both dogs on leashes and about 25 feet of space in between them. Bring them together slowly even if it took an hour or so. If that was not possible that day I would have tried the next day with the same scenario and if that did not work then I would have tried again until it did.

Also I would have taken the dog to an off leash dog park and walked him outside the off leash are so that the dog is socialized in a safe manner. With a fence in between the dogs they cannot attack each other and again I would have started slowly walking into the area and keeping distance. I would have done all the above before even adopting the dog as a second dog

Lola herself did not like other dogs. She did not get along with the other dogs her previous owner had except for one. I did the above at an off leash dog park to get Lola used to other dogs and now she is fine with other dogs.

There was the first time I had Lola over at one of my sisters home and she has a big black Labrador and Lola and Tucker (her dog's name) were barking at each other for at least 20 minutes. With them barking we did not let them get together and after they calmed down we let them get near each other.

Within 5 minutes of them sniffing each other they were chasing each other and playing. The last time I was over my sisters house with Lola I knocked on the door my nephew answered and said his mom (my sister) was sleeping. Lola actually started crying because we walked away from the house back towards the truck and she could not play with Tucker.

Since there is now less than a week left that this dog has to be gone have you contacted any pit bull rescue groups?

Well it might have been the wrong dog to bring on in the first place. First of all the dog is not neutered and that can be a problem especially if the other dog in the household is a male dog.

All I know is to introduce 2 dogs together I would do it in a neutral area with both dogs on leashes and about 25 feet of space in between them. Bring them together slowly even if it took an hour or so. If that was not possible that day I would have tried the next day with the same scenario and if that did not work then I would have tried again until it did.

Also I would have taken the dog to an off leash dog park and walked him outside the off leash are so that the dog is socialized in a safe manner. With a fence in between the dogs they cannot attack each other and again I would have started slowly walking into the area and keeping distance. I would have done all the above before even adopting the dog as a second dog

Lola herself did not like other dogs. She did not get along with the other dogs her previous owner had except for one. I did the above at an off leash dog park to get Lola used to other dogs and now she is fine with other dogs.

There was the first time I had Lola over at one of my sisters home and she has a big black Labrador and Lola and Tucker (her dog's name) were barking at each other for at least 20 minutes. With them barking we did not let them get together and after they calmed down we let them get near each other.

Within 5 minutes of them sniffing each other they were chasing each other and playing. The last time I was over my sisters house with Lola I knocked on the door my nephew answered and said his mom (my sister) was sleeping. Lola actually started crying because we walked away from the house back towards the truck and she could not play with Tucker.

Since there is now less than a week left that this dog has to be gone have you contacted any pit bull rescue groups?
I just asked him if he did, he hasnt replied yet.

This was a problem before he moved into his current house. Boss has always wanted to attack dogs, but he seemed to get along with these 2, and then one day he just snapped on them

Howl813

maybe you can try finding someone who lives outside of town. he's a good looking pup, i'm sure someone will be happy to take him.

cricketsmygirl

Angels in waiting....
Glad Boss found an awesome home and Lolasdad, It's not as simple and proper socialization and training when it comes to pit bulls, these dogs are more prone to DA.

Members online

No members online now.