What do you feed?

DavidM

What food does your dog do best on, and what do you feed? Finn is on Wellness CORE puppy formula right now, and he's doing great. It is a bit expensive, and I was buying it from PetSmart for $64, but I found it at Tractor Supply for $54, so that helps a lot. I want to do a rotation, but I'm not sure with what yet.

So what about everyone else?
Feed puppy food until 12 months of age or older as needed.(Examples: Shepherds, Labradors) Nutro Natural Choice Chicken & Rice Formula Large Breed Puppy Canned Food, Wellness Complete Health Deboned Chicken & Brown Rice Large Breed Puppy Food And Feed puppy food until 12 months of age. (Examples: Chihuahuas, Lhasas, Cockers, Beagles) Pro Plan Focus Chicken & Rice Small Breed Puppy Food, Eukanuba Formula Dog Food Puppy Small Breed. These food are available at petco.

Losech

Right now three of my dogs are getting a 40/60 mix of Taste of the Wild High Prairie and Diamond Naturals Extreme Athlete. The other is getting Earthborn Holistic Primitive Natural 'cause he's speshul. They always get fish oil no matter what they are eating.

I usually feed homemade whole-foods (chicken quarters, beef heart and liver, beef and pork meat, occasional turkey bits, eggs, rice, and oats, various veggies in the warmer months), but I'm short on cash right now and my refrigerator is not running so they get kibble.
I only feed kibbles without wheat or corn (speshul dog has serious problems with these), preferably few if any peas (speshul dog also has problems with these), and with protein at 30% or higher and fat no lower than 15%. I'll use both grain-free and grain-inclusive kibbles and frequently add things like eggs or ground meats.
Brands I like are Taste of the Wild, Diamond Naturals (only Extreme Athlete), Merrick, EVO, Earthborn Holistics, and Nature's Variety Instinct.

teacuptiger

floor dancer
Roxie's rotation fed. I usually get a 14lb bag of grain-free Earthborn... We've gone through all the formulas and we're on the Coastal Catch right now. She gets the Earthborn for breakfast, along with coconut oil.

I've got two 5lb bags of different brands/protein sources for supper. I put those in front of her and she'll paw at whatever one she wants. Sometimes she'll eat the same thing a few days in a row, lol. The food gets put in a different dispenser toy (I have a Kong wobbler and satellite, a buster maze, and an ottoson red and blue... thingy. treat puzzle or whatever its called)

I just got finished with a bag of Merrick pork... Don't think I'll be feeding Merrick again. Roxie did just fine on it, but it was really greasy and overall just gross... idk why. I've also got a bag of Annamaet Manitok, which she LOVES. I will keep Annamaet in her rotation, I like it. We're getting some NVI rabbit coming in on Tues.

Also, for Kong filler I'm using NV Homestyle Lamb (usually Roxie is all GF, but I'm fine with grain-in Nature's Variety. I believe it's no corn/wheat/soy anyways.) wet food.

Probably going to keep Nature's Variety in the rotation as well. I'm thinking of adding Fromm dry in, but not sure as Roxie got a little yeasty on that when we tried it out a while ago. She eats their treats though and does all right.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I'm feeding different foods now, so I thought I'd update my answer.

Abrams is being switched over to Diamond Naturals Large Breed Puppy, because it's cheap ($0.80/lb) and I like its nutritional values more than the other food was feeding. So far, he's doing very well on it! It is grain inclusive (no corn/wheat/soy), but that doesn't seem to be bothering him. AAFCO labels it as suitable for All Life Stages, so I'll likely just keep him on it until another switch is warranted.

Cynder is on Pro Plan Turkey and Potato canned food. I haven't been very happy with her coat, or her farts, but I'm fairly certain that has more to do with her medical condition than the actual food.

Members online

No members online now.