Canadian Gun Dog Supply Collars

Has anybody ordered these collars from CGDS?

http://www.canadiangundogsupply.com/Biothane-Safety-Collars.html

I bought two because I'd heard so much good stuff about the biothane collars from GDS. Unfortunately, shipping to Canada with GDS would have cost about $25 bucks... I couldn't justify paying that shipping for a $12 collar, so I went the Canadian route.

Unimpressed. There is no zoom option on the photo on the website, but I assumed what I'd be buying would be a biothane collar. Instead I got shitty 1-ply nylon collars coated in some kind of clear plastic/polymer. They feel gross in my hands and are just ugly - I hate seeing the nylon fabric through the clear coating. There's even a tear in the plastic on one of them, so water can get in to the nylon.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Check out dogwalkies. I've heard some great things about their products and actually just put in a custom order from them today!

I have been really, really wanting the biothane collars from GDS, but have been put off by the price for shipping to Canada as well. I was looking at the Canadian Gun Dog Supply yesterday. Now I'm glad I didn't order them.

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
Dog Walkies. The shipping to Canada killed me on a GDS collar as well. Dog Walkies was more expensive ($22/ collar) and two collars cost me $56 but the company is absolutely FABULOUS. Easy, fast& custom sized. Plus, so many pretty colors!!

Zhucca

Lab Love
I just got my collars from Gun Dog Supply. I'm from calgary, AB. My shipping was only 10.75, are you sure the shipping was $25?

These were my options:
UPS Expedited $45.78 (allow 2-4 days for delivery) New Total $57.73
USPS First Class Int'l Mail $10.76 (allow 3 to 4 weeks for delivery).
USPS Priority Mail Int'l $28.76 (allow 2 to 4 weeks for delivery)

I selected the USPS First Class, obviously, and my collars arrived in two weeks. I'm really happy with their biothane collars.

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
I just got my collars from Gun Dog Supply. I'm from calgary, AB. My shipping was only 10.75, are you sure the shipping was $25?

These were my options:
UPS Expedited $45.78 (allow 2-4 days for delivery) New Total $57.73
USPS First Class Int'l Mail $10.76 (allow 3 to 4 weeks for delivery).
USPS Priority Mail Int'l $28.76 (allow 2 to 4 weeks for delivery)

I selected the USPS First Class, obviously, and my collars arrived in two weeks. I'm really happy with their biothane collars.
The shipping from the American site was $25+ ..CGDS isn't as nice, apparently!

Zhucca

Lab Love
The shipping from the American site was $25+ ..CGDS isn't as nice, apparently!
Yes, I know. My collars are from the american Gun Dog Supply and my shipping was only 10.75. :) Give them a call if you're having trouble with the online shipping.

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
Sorry, was tipsy when I read that and read your post wrong. I wish they had $10 shipping.. may have to call them!!

I wonder why the shipping was so cheap for you. I may call and ask - right now I'm trying to get a hold of CGDS to see if I can return the collars and get a refund....

The collars are made by Mendota, which is NOT advertised on collar's page on the CGDS website. If it were, I would have looked into them a little further. I'm disappointed all around that pertinent information and clear photos are not available on the website, and FALSE information is listed regarding what the collars are made of.

Canadian Gundog Supply is getting a shitty review from me.

To recap - I ordered biothane collars and got shitty 1-ply nylon coated in plastic. I emailed the company right away asking if there had been a mixup.

Over the span of the next two weeks I left multiple voicemails and emails - they claim to answer both within minutes on weekdays. I haven't gotten a single response.

Will NEVER order from them or recommend them to anybody. Awful experience, and almost $50 down the drain. :( I'm taking the collars to the humane society because I just will not use them, they are ugly, cheaply made, and gross feeling.

It is definitely worth paying the expensive shipping from the states, if it means actually GETTING THE PRODUCT YOU ORDERED. :(

Members online

No members online now.