Do you want to see rattie babies?

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
My brother-in-law must have done a very rapid head count when he noticed the babies, because his count of 6 was not very accurate. There are actually 11 babies. :eek:

Pile o' rittens. Everyone has nice full milk bands, hurray for nursing!

One little guy or gal... wish I could keep track of this one specifically for the next 4 weeks, I decided I want this one just because it's the first one I held :p

They're so ugly they're cute!! Mama's doing a good job with them so far. The setup for them isn't ideal but they didn't know she was pregnant till 2 days ago... so what can ya do.

There will likely be more pics as they grow. And start to look like animals instead of alien fetuses.

Xandra

I wanna see mommy rat too! They're splendid now of course but I can't wait till they get fur and ears and whiskers :p

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Also, they had better ALL be black hooded males so that I'm not tempted.
Well, she is a black blazed berkshire (with dumbo ears!!) so, sadly for you, I think they're all going to be interestingly marked. :D Technically I should be able to tell their genders already, but I've never sexed a baby rat before so at this age, I'd probably get it all wrong anyway lol. I'll probably try to get a rough estimate this weekend. Odds are likely there will be some females!! :p

It did happen fast!! I thought we had until the weekend. Nope. But she was pretty big when I saw her on Sunday (didn't look like she was big enough to have 11 though...) and apparently she's been nesting like crazy the last few days, so I'm not really surprised either.

I am a big jerk and took no pictures of mama :eek: She's super cute though, you'll have to take my word for it lol. I promise I will get some next time :p

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Well, she is a black blazed berkshire (with dumbo ears!!) so, sadly for you, I think they're all going to be interestingly marked. :D
*plugs ears* LALALALALALALAAAA!

I <3 dumbos so hard. You definitely shouldn't show me pictures as they grow. Definitely not.

oakash

Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One
I totally thought you were talking about Rat terrier babies, and when the picture pulled up, I was kinda astonished :O I'd never ever seen such tiny, hairless puppies before :p

Anyhow, they're pretty darn cute! I love ratties, I wish my mom would let me have some.

yoko

I wish I lived closer :( my rat just died and work is boring now! They are cute and healthy looking though! :D

I totally thought you were talking about Rat terrier babies, and when the picture pulled up, I was kinda astonished :O I'd never ever seen such tiny, hairless puppies before :p

Anyhow, they're pretty darn cute! I love ratties, I wish my mom would let me have some.
LOL! I was just out at my friend's . . . and got to hold 3 day old Rat Terrier puppies :D

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Oh look, they has a color.

Mama Storm moved them here today. And then apparently realized this did not make a good nest, so then she moved them all back to their original home.

Despite what these pictures show, there are more than 3 babies :p

I wish I could take better pictures, but when I go to my sister's house I don't really feel like finding somewhere to put them for a proper photoshoot lol. So my limited photos will have to do.

I have also attempted to try sexing them, and have miserably failed. They all look like girls to me. :rofl1: I think I need to just wait another week or so, when it starts becoming more obvious. I have a person down in Missouri that wants a couple and someone at work might potentially be interested, but so far I am taking the most with my 3 lol.

Members online

No members online now.