Because I'm absolutely crazy...

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Considering there have been quite a few postings on Bengals here on Chaz lately, I started doing some research on them and even browsing breeders.

I've decided I definitely definitely think I want one...

Of course it wouldn't be ANY time soon... but eventually one day when we can actually add a second cat. There's a breeder out here in DC that I've been checking out. May see if she wouldn't mind me coming by at some point to spend some time around her cats. There's another breeder in GA that I think I really like as well. This cat would probably be the ONLY time in my life I actually go through a breeder for a cat instead of just getting a cat from rescue.

Besides, at some point Whiskey may decide he wouldn't mind having a partner in crime, lol....

I'll have to go to a TICA show at some point to check out some Bengals. I do know one out here that belongs to one of Josh's clients and she is such a neat cat.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I think you have to be crazy NOT to want a Bengal.
ya true. They are freaking gorgeous for one thing, but I LOVE everything I've read about their personalities and I've watched one too many youtube videos of them doing some awesome tricks lately. They apparently are really fun to train.

FG167

Our breeder is in GA and we are so excited! I am sure I will post a ton if pics when they come home, and stories!

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
One of the people I walk for has two. They are amazing, beautiful cats (not to mention spoiled rotten lol they have their own bedroom and attached outdoor play area!)

I'm not much of a cat person but they seem awesome!

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
OMG my bengal cat want is so bad right now.... it's not helping that I joined a bengal forum to learn more about them and hoped that lots and lots of bengal kitty pictures from people on that forum would satisfy my want for now... nope.... it made it worse...

The more I read about them the more I'm finding that they are my ideal type of cat for sure.

maybe in few years.... Whiskey will need a buddy right? RIGHT?

Tahla9999

I have a huge sphynx cat want right now. It such a huge want that I have to avoid seeing them or I'll be overcome with wantness. The sad thing is that it wont be for a long time before I would be able to own one.

Does Whiskey like other cats?

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I have a huge sphynx cat want right now. It such a huge want that I have to avoid seeing them or I'll be overcome with wantness. The sad thing is that it wont be for a long time before I would be able to own one.

Does Whiskey like other cats?
I haven't had Whiskey around other cats yet and I'm not sure if Lauren has introduced him to any cats or not. Honestly what I would really like to do is maybe foster a few cats (one at a time of course) just to get a feel for how he is around cats. That would help us to get a better idea of what personalities he tends to mesh well with so that when I am ready to get a bengal the breeder can help me select the right one. I'm really hoping that when we get one that we end up with a male though for sure.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
He hasn't seen any other cats while he has been here!

I would definitely suggest fostering before bringing one home, especially since he probably hasn't seen another cat since you found him. Even just with new people in the apartment he can be quite timid (until you hand them the da bird, of course :p).

Plus once you get him back I don't think you're going to want another cat for quite some time. He's turned into a bit of a monster :lol-sign:
I think Megan was quite appalled last night when we were eating and even with 4 people sitting at the table who were placing him back on the floor, he still managed to spend most of dinner on the table and even got some ice cream :p I have never seen an animal with such a high level of determination!

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
He hasn't seen any other cats while he has been here!

I would definitely suggest fostering before bringing one home, especially since he probably hasn't seen another cat since you found him. Even just with new people in the apartment he can be quite timid (until you hand them the da bird, of course :p).

Plus once you get him back I don't think you're going to want another cat for quite some time. He's turned into a bit of a monster :lol-sign:
I think Megan was quite appalled last night when we were eating and even with 4 people sitting at the table who were placing him back on the floor, he still managed to spend most of dinner on the table and even got some ice cream :p I have never seen an animal with such a high level of determination!

hahahaha your description of him sounds like a freaking bengal lol. Ya I definitely would rather foster first... mainly to see how Whiskey is with other cats around, but also to get an idea of what life would be like with three dogs and two cats running around... definitely don't plan to get another cat for a while... maybe another year or two... maybe longer depending.

Have you been doing more clicker sessions with him? Does he seem to like it?

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
hahahaha your description of him sounds like a freaking bengal lol. Ya I definitely would rather foster first... mainly to see how Whiskey is with other cats around, but also to get an idea of what life would be like with three dogs and two cats running around... definitely don't plan to get another cat for a while... maybe another year or two... maybe longer depending.

Have you been doing more clicker sessions with him? Does he seem to like it?
He loves playing around with the clicker!
I probably slow him down, he definitely doesn't catch on like Frodo, it's so different trying to work with him! Mainly I think he just wants me to shut up and feed him :p

He also has an awesome recall. You call him from anywhere and he comes running. That I do love.

Here's my list of things you must have before he comes home:
-da Bird (and a couple refills for when he kills them :mad:)
-Nature's Variety Raw Boost kibble (he thinks this is crack, I train with it)
-Covered litter box (Holy hell I don't think any cat could make a bigger mess. He comes out of the litter box and SHAKES LIKE A DOG! What the heck are you doing in there dude?)

That's all I got, lol!

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Omg the litter thing was annoying since we didn't have a covered box yet. I don't know if he still does it but he used to actually play in the litterbox and throw litter everywhere. I was vacuuming around the box every single day. He used to also bring his toys to the litterbox with him.

I definitely have to get Da-bird. The store down the street from me sells them. I actually think it looks fun. I was watching YouTube videos the other day of cats playing with Da bird and some of them would catch it and hold tight and growl at it lol. Hilarious!

I have to order a cat crate for him still for when I'm at work since he is such a troublemaker. There's a 4-level one I want through pet edge and my dad is giving me carpet pieces so I can carpet the levels. I'm pretty positive that one will fit a covered litterbox.

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
I wish we could have kitty playdates. I think my two not-so-kittens would think Whiskey is awesome. They throw toys in the toilet, dig water out of the toilet, pull tissues out of the box, knock everything off tables, eat any food that is laying out, sit on me and climb on the table while eating... They could all be best friends!

noludoru

Bored Now.
You are probably the only person I would recommend a Bengal to. . . You'd love it. After being auntie to a Bengal for almost two years now, I can tell you that I would not go there. Ever. Kipling is not typical of the breed, though - he has constant anxiety issues (poosplosions. everywhere), as he matured he became a medium-energy cat. He is also dumb as a box of rocks. He makes Middie look bright. He's very atypical of the breed, but has turned me off of them completely.

I looooove how he feels, though. Like a fine layer of silk on steel. And they really do sparkle!

Gratuitous Kipling pictures:

IMG_6842 by noludoru, on Flickr

IMG_6853 by noludoru, on Flickr'

IMG_6865 by noludoru, on Flickr

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I wish we could have kitty playdates. I think my two not-so-kittens would think Whiskey is awesome. They throw toys in the toilet, dig water out of the toilet, pull tissues out of the box, knock everything off tables, eat any food that is laying out, sit on me and climb on the table while eating... They could all be best friends!
Depending on how Whiskey does after meeting some cats that would be a fun idea. We would have to figure out the best way to introduce them though since I know sometimes cats can be a little different about it then dogs sometimes.

You are probably the only person I would recommend a Bengal to. . . You'd love it. After being auntie to a Bengal for almost two years now, I can tell you that I would not go there. Ever. Kipling is not typical of the breed, though - he has constant anxiety issues (poosplosions. everywhere), as he matured he became a medium-energy cat. He is also dumb as a box of rocks. He makes Middie look bright. He's very atypical of the breed, but has turned me off of them completely.

I looooove how he feels, though. Like a fine layer of silk on steel. And they really do sparkle!

Gratuitous Kipling pictures:

IMG_6842 by noludoru, on Flickr

IMG_6853 by noludoru, on Flickr'

IMG_6865 by noludoru, on Flickr
God that cat is freaking gorgeous! You're right though, his behavior sounds way opposite of your typical bengal. I love my cats almost dog-like and higher energy and boisterous. I think that's one of the biggest things attracting me to bengals even more so then their looks even though they are stunning animals.

Don't know if you saw any of the recent photos of Whiskey that Lauren posted... I'm wondering if his stripes will end up disappearing or not.
http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197950 and http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198461

and some of his baby pics
http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157961

noludoru

Bored Now.
Depending on how Whiskey does after meeting some cats that would be a fun idea. We would have to figure out the best way to introduce them though since I know sometimes cats can be a little different about it then dogs sometimes.

God that cat is freaking gorgeous! You're right though, his behavior sounds way opposite of your typical bengal. I love my cats almost dog-like and higher energy and boisterous. I think that's one of the biggest things attracting me to bengals even more so then their looks even though they are stunning animals.

Don't know if you saw any of the recent photos of Whiskey that Lauren posted... I'm wondering if his stripes will end up disappearing or not.
http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197950 and http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198461

and some of his baby pics
http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157961
They will stick. He is not black - he's a rare color called smoke. I think it's somewhat similar to a dilution gene. You can google search it to see pics. It's veeeeery sought after in MCs.

Members online