The dog musing/vent thread

Slick

Kristina
I am so so so proud of my boy!

I am home for the holidays, and my mom is afraid of dogs. She wanted Leo to only be an outside dog while here, but I negotiated that he could be outside, in my room with me, and lying inside on the mat in front of our backdoor (this is right by our diningroom and livingroom, so he is in the middle of the action).

He caught on to staying on the mat in about 2 minutes. I put him on a down stay, he left it once, I took him right back and put him into the down stay again and he stayed.

Tonight we had many guests over. We were 15 people in all, 8 of which were completely new to Leo. It was loud, people were coming and going from the dinner table. And my boy stayed on his mat. Some of the guests would come to his mat to pet him and play with him, and he would enthusiastically get pets from them. But as soon as they walked away (even after one of the teenage boys had amped him up quite a bit with a squeaky toy), he stayed on his mat. Everyone was commenting on how well-behaved he was.

SO PROUD!!!!! :D

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
I am so so so proud of my boy!

I am home for the holidays, and my mom is afraid of dogs. She wanted Leo to only be an outside dog while here, but I negotiated that he could be outside, in my room with me, and lying inside on the mat in front of our backdoor (this is right by our diningroom and livingroom, so he is in the middle of the action).

He caught on to staying on the mat in about 2 minutes. I put him on a down stay, he left it once, I took him right back and put him into the down stay again and he stayed.

Tonight we had many guests over. We were 15 people in all, 8 of which were completely new to Leo. It was loud, people were coming and going from the dinner table. And my boy stayed on his mat. Some of the guests would come to his mat to pet him and play with him, and he would enthusiastically get pets from them. But as soon as they walked away (even after one of the teenage boys had amped him up quite a bit with a squeaky toy), he stayed on his mat. Everyone was commenting on how well-behaved he was.

SO PROUD!!!!! :D
What a good boy!!! :)

k9krazee

Get home from the reception, shimmy in to some lingerie I had bought special for the occasion...and Cynder regurges all over the floor, couch, blanket, and Michael, who luckily did not wear his dress blues home.

So Michael is now cleaning up dog vomit - which involves shampooing the couch, cushions, and floor - and I'm trying to decide if I should just go to bed because I'm tired and now the fun has been pretty much evaporated.

*sigh*
Oh no!!! Sounds like Cynder was looking for a little love & attention from her man too! ;)

Off topic, I'd love to see the numbers on how many actually consummate their marriage on their wedding night! Lol

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Oh no!!! Sounds like Cynder was looking for a little love & attention from her man too! ;)

Off topic, I'd love to see the numbers on how many actually consummate their marriage on their wedding night! Lol
Consummation did happen - just not in the llingerie. LOL

Cynder also isn't feeling well this morning and pooped in the house...yey...but she's not acting nauseous, so it was hopefully just an odd digestive issue that will clear up by this evening...really hoping her megaE hasn't decided to be bad again.

Saeleofu

Nothing like googling something and browsing the images, when suddeny "Hang on a sec, is that my dog?" :rofl1:

Clicked, and it's from here http://www.dogforums.com/general-dog-forum/90162-creeping-tans-part-2-a.html

Then of course since I was there, I HAD to read the thread. So I saw this:

The woman on the aussie forums says that Kechara's color is genetically a modified sable. and that she is not homozygos for the tan pointing allele, she would say the same about Mia. Now what she calls "sable" may not be called sable by all.
Which is interesting, because Logan's dam is sable, and his sire is tri. I've always thought Logan's black isn't really very black - the...tips?...of the overcoat are black, which gives him a shiny black finish over his back and stuff, but underneath it's not black, and the tan is mixed with the black where it joins. I've never really investigated it (now that I will supposedly have a bit of free time, COLOR GENETICS HERE I COME). Granted I don't have access to a ton of tricolor collies to see if they ALL have hair like he does, but some, like this one, don't appear to have as much tan mixed in as Logan does

So yeah, I google pretty pictures of white collies because my mom asked if there's such a thing as a white collie (despite having met one herself, derp), and now I want to research ALL THE COLOR GENETICS :rofl1:

And...that's a lot to put in a musing thread, so I'll leave it there.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
How long can these two play? Talon and Zoey played non stop from 3pm until 2am. Slept until 5am and than continued to play and are still tiredly my at it. Talon is going to be one tired pup by the end of this.

Also my sisters collie is in heat ( well coming out of heat) and i was worried but Talon shows only mild curiosity. Mostly he avoids her yay. Talon is the Only intact male in the house so he's the only one i was worried about fighting or guarding her from the other dogs. And just because i should say it so no one worries. They are NEVER EVER left alone together. Star is never alone unless in her crate and behind three doors. If they are together they are watched closely. No ones home both They are both crated in opposite sides of the house with a total of four doorss between. Also we didn't plan on coming up at until after for other reasons. So there will not be any accidents.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Nothing like googling something and browsing the images, when suddeny "Hang on a sec, is that my dog?" :rofl1:

Clicked, and it's from here http://www.dogforums.com/general-dog-forum/90162-creeping-tans-part-2-a.html

Then of course since I was there, I HAD to read the thread. So I saw this:

Which is interesting, because Logan's dam is sable, and his sire is tri. I've always thought Logan's black isn't really very black - the...tips?...of the overcoat are black, which gives him a shiny black finish over his back and stuff, but underneath it's not black, and the tan is mixed with the black where it joins. I've never really investigated it (now that I will supposedly have a bit of free time, COLOR GENETICS HERE I COME). Granted I don't have access to a ton of tricolor collies to see if they ALL have hair like he does, but some, like this one, don't appear to have as much tan mixed in as Logan does

So yeah, I google pretty pictures of white collies because my mom asked if there's such a thing as a white collie (despite having met one herself, derp), and now I want to research ALL THE COLOR GENETICS :rofl1:

And...that's a lot to put in a musing thread, so I'll leave it there.
I've noticed a lot of 'tricolor' border collies are the same way. Idk, Mia's called a tricolor but it's totally different than a regular tricolor.

I still get confused, lol.

Muttkip

LABRADERP!
I'm so proud!!!!

I some how managed to get an 11 week old high energy field bred Lab puppy to still for Christmas pictures and he didn't try to eat the tree!!! :yikes:

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Text I just sent my mom: "I'm going to the gym tonight. That box in my room is full of dog treats... so don't let Georgie climb into it and eat them all."

Also I'm pretty sure Pepper is going into full-blown heat in about a week or so. She brews for a LONG time... Payton has been acting like she's going to go in at any time for almost a month. I checked yesterday and she feels maybe a little swollen but no go yet. She is due though.
I can only pray that Georgie is OUT of her season before Pepper goes IN... or I may have to move into a hotel with Payton. Who stood outside the house this afternoon singing his song of woe that I would not let him come inside and immediately go hump Georgie.

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Text I just sent my mom: "I'm going to the gym tonight. That box in my room is full of dog treats... so don't let Georgie climb into it and eat them all."

Also I'm pretty sure Pepper is going into full-blown heat in about a week or so. She brews for a LONG time... Payton has been acting like she's going to go in at any time for almost a month. I checked yesterday and she feels maybe a little swollen but no go yet. She is due though.
I can only pray that Georgie is OUT of her season before Pepper goes IN... or I may have to move into a hotel with Payton. Who stood outside the house this afternoon singing his song of woe that I would not let him come inside and immediately go hump Georgie.
I feel ya. Blossom is also a "brewer" who has long lead ups to her heats. She's finally "in" now but Ollie's been in her lady parts for like the last month. He really isn't being too bad now but they're separated for convenience because all the two of them can do together is try to get it on. CHARMING.

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Consummation did happen - just not in the llingerie. LOL

Cynder also isn't feeling well this morning and pooped in the house...yey...but she's not acting nauseous, so it was hopefully just an odd digestive issue that will clear up by this evening...really hoping her megaE hasn't decided to be bad again.
Maybe the stress of Michael coming home is upsetting her system a bit?

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
UGH OMG... Blossom is THE reason we can't have nice things. My friend Mixie (she's Raw Dog Leather, some of you may be familiar) modified an agitation harness for Blossom (it was too bulky, big shock) and also made her a custom tug.

Said custom tug was Kevlar sleeved in wool-on sheepskin, thick and sturdy. We talked about this tug for a long time and came up with a plan we thought would hold up to monster mouth, based on her experience with making tugs for this kind of dog.

It came today, we played with it, and the freak put a hole in a sheepskin with her molars almost immediately! WHILE WE WERE TUGGING. :wall: HOW?! I DON'T EVEN... ugh. This dog!!! Mixie is super awesome about repairing/replacing equipment so it's no big deal but GOD. I wanted us to enjoy it for more than 5 minutes before Blossom hulked out and destroyed it.

*sigh* Just... *sigh* I love having a dog that's insane for toys - I just wish she didn't mulch them up like a wood chipper.

ETA: On the bright side, the harness is PERFECT and I can't wait to use it at training!

Broke down and got Astro MORE Christmas presents (a nice red slip lead, and an engraved ID tag). So now he's getting the Dremel, the slip lead, and the ID tag from me. A bigger Kong to replace the one he has now, a second crate for stays home, and a huge batch of bully sticks from my parents. A baggy of Christmas dog cookies from my roommate, and another baggy from the Santa photographer....

I think we spoil the puppy too much :eek: But I'm so excited to watch him tear into all the wrapping paper!

Slick

Kristina
Leo is slightly favoring his front right leg, but I can't tell how worried I should be.

I sometimes catch him holding up his leg when he is sitting and I noticed a limp right when he got up in the morning, but then he will have zoomies around the yard and I can't notice a limp and other times he walks around normally :rolleyes:. I inspected his leg and there is nothing on the surface.

I am going keep him from running today and see if that helps.

Stoic dog is stoic.

Reason #45,897 why I can't stand my family. We always have to talk about their idiotic backyard breeding while I'm around. I tense up and get angry. Now they are paper hanging and deny it. They want me to give them a dog I used to have's papers to register their most recent litter. Um no. I'm pretty sure that Akc won't register a litter from a dog over 12 anyway.

Members online

No members online now.