Spaghetti with hotdogs in it?

Spaghetti with sliced hot dogs?

• Total voters

ACooper

Let me say the first time I ever heard of this was Sheldon from Big Bang Theory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z4M-vE3-BM

Since seeing that episode (a year ago-ish?) I have heard (apparently) this is common and many people grew up eating, or still eat spaghetti this way! I now feel I have an education gap.....how did I not know of this? I lived in many places (in the US) growing up, we didn't 'dress for dinner' or dine on gourmet foods, this totally sounds like something my mom WOULD have made if she had been in the know! LOL

Beanie Weenies? YES.....but weenies in spaghetti?

Who among you knew of this? Who has eaten it? Who likes it or hates it?

I have the ingredients to make it this week.........spaghetti, check. sauce, check. hot dogs, check! LOL We are going to see what we've missed!

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Heard of it, but never tried it. Then again, I hate hotdogs, even as a kid.

Then again, I won't eat spaghetti and sauce together :p separate? Yes. Together? No. So it kind of ruins the idea of it. :lol-sign:

ACooper

What kind of kid WERE you Jess? :eek: ROFL....no hot dogs? No spaghetti with sauce? YOUR POOR MOTHER! LOL

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I have heard of it, and generally speaking I don't like hot dogs (I will eat Weinerschnitzel's chicken franks!) so it's not something I ever thought sounded like a good idea haha.

I have seen those photos on Pinterest where people stick spaghetti noodles into hot dogs then boil the whole thing so the spaghetti is "stuck" in the hot dogs and TBH that makes me want to vomit. The visual is disgusting. I can't really explain why. So spaghetti and hot dogs together makes me feel kinda ill too because it conjures up that visual.

Saeleofu

Never had hot dogs in it, but tuna makes a pretty awesome addition!

I have the ingredients to make it this week.........spaghetti, check. sauce, check.
I few years ago this would have HORRIFIED me. My mom NEVER used canned/jarred spaghetti sauce, it was ALWAYS home-made. Then I moved out, and was too lazy to make it myself, and found out jarred sauce really isn't that bad, and some of it is better than my mom's homemade sauce (shhhhh lol). And then my mom decided that jarred sauce is indeed easier, and now she uses it about half the time, homemade the other half.

ACooper

I have heard of it, and generally speaking I don't like hot dogs (I will eat Weinerschnitzel's chicken franks!) so it's not something I ever thought sounded like a good idea haha.

I have seen those photos on Pinterest where people stick spaghetti noodles into hot dogs then boil the whole thing so the spaghetti is "stuck" in the hot dogs and TBH that makes me want to vomit. The visual is disgusting. I can't really explain why. So spaghetti and hot dogs together makes me feel kinda ill too because it conjures up that visual.
Ya...I don't like those photos with the spaghetti coming through sausage or hot dogs either. At first I was like "Clever!" Then I'm like.......ewwwww, no.

And Sal, TUNA? Great....now I have to try to get them to eat that experiment too! LOL My gram used to do homemade....but my mom does NOT care for cooking, never has, so any shortcut was ok with her! LOL, she's guilty of feeding us hamburger helper! BARF!!

I like cooking and I say some shortcuts are barely noticeable (like jarred sauce, frozen veggies in soups, etc) but other shortcuts should be ILLEGAL! (like box dinner garbage!) LOL

Saeleofu

And Sal, TUNA? Great....now I have to try to get them to eat that experiment too!
Oh yes, it's fantastic! And n man n cheese too. And...well, I love tuna, so I'll try it in anything lol.

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
My mom never made it with hot dogs...but a friend of hers did so I used to get the opportunity to eat it at their house.

I liked it a lot as a kid...nowadays I never eat it.

If I am going to have a hot dog it shall be a chili dog :D

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Yeah I knew about it and have eaten it a few times. I dunno it's an odd combination to me. Would rather have meatballs.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Hot dogs in mac 'n cheese is another popular one, around here at least. I had it once because a friend bought me some mac 'n cheese from the food vendor at an agility trial and the guy was like "Hey I have a hot dog left, you want it?" and he said "sure!" So the vendor plopped the hot dog on top of the bowl and handed it to my friend, who brought it to me like "Hey he gave me a hot dog for free here you go!!" I did not eat it together LOL. I ate the hot dog (and fed some to Auggie) then ate the mac 'n cheese.

The only thing I ever wanted mixed IN my mac 'n cheese was corn!

Oko

Silence, peasants.

Now I feel obligated to go to pinterest and see the disturbing images.

thehoundgirl

I don't think hot dogs belong in spaghetti or I just don't like them enough to add them in there. I don't even add them to mac and cheese. We put meat in the spaghetti sauce. And my mom makes a really great homemade spaghetti sauce. :)

xpaeanx

My mom never really wanted kids, so yeah.... Any cheap and easy meal was about all she ever made me. This was one of her favorites to make me.

AND spaghetti-O's makes a canned version of it.... For when she was feeling EXTRA not into cooking.

xpaeanx

+1 on the turkey/chicken dogs. I actually don't eat any meat past poultry or seafood anymore.

And hot dogs w Mac & Cheese is another classic(and def better than w spaghetti).

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Now I feel obligated to go to pinterest and see the disturbing images.
It's not really disturbing exactly, not on a natural level... but there is a phobia... I can't remember the name of it and I don't want to google around for it, because last time I googled it, Google popped up related image results and they were disgusting obviously LOL. But it's related to holes in or through things. Like there are flowers that have big open holes where the seeds sit in the middle of them. That grosses me out too. So "phobia" isn't really the right word for it because it's gross, not anxiety inducing or anything... but I'm almost positive the word for it is -phobia. (Starts with a T I think.)

Like this.

So anyway, I'm pretty sure that's why the photos of the spaghetti stuck through the hot dogs bother me. =P Not because it's disturbing at the normal level but because I have whatever said -phobia-thingie is!

Members online

No members online now.