Is she a Border Collie?

We bought what we thought was a pure Border Collie. The parents were on site so I took pictures. The owner said they were both pure BC's.
When we took her to the vet for her shots they said they think she is mixed with Aussie because of her color. What do you think?
Saide (11 weeks old)

Her dad

Her mom

I don't really care what she is. She is such a sweet girl and we love her so much already! I just wondered what you thought.

RD

Are you dead yet?
She's a border collie with very pretty (and typical for an Aussie) coloration. A lot of people have difficulty distinguishing the difference between a BC puppy and an Aussie puppy. Her parents are definitely BCs.

Saeleofu

I would say most definitely a border collie. Most people seem to think that BCs come in only black and white and long haired, when that's far from the truth.

Honestly, a vet clinic is often one of the WORST places to ask what your dog is/is mixed with. And I work in a vet clinic. The vet and my coworkers give some awful guesses sometimes. Someone thought my dog was a German Shepherd mix because he's primarily black and tan (tri-color) and has short hair, when in fact he's purebred collie from a reputable breeder, he even has a couple points towards his conformation title. From people all around I get some crazy guesses. My boxer has even been called a chihuahua. And he's 52 pounds.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
She's definitely a BC... she's really pretty! People always question whether Rory is a BC... any color than the typical black/white tends to throw people off.

BC_Kelly

Definitely a Border Collie, and a very cute one at that! (though, I thunk they're all cute ;) ) More pictures please!!

You'll always have people asking if she's an aussie, believe me. I get it All. The. Time. with Rebel. lol. Many people think they only come in black and white.

Paige

Let it be
My BC is black and white and I get asked if he's a Bernese Mountain Dog puppy ALL THE FREAKING TIME because he doesn't have a sharp face. You get used to the weird guesses when you have a slightly different looking Border Collie. Not all our dogs look like the ones off of Babe.

Members online

No members online now.