I cried HAPPY tears at the pound today. truly heartwarming

Okay some of you may remember the pictures I posted last week of these dogs:

I felt very sad for this poor pittie mom and her puppies. The puppies look to be mixed with aussie, but being pit mixes, they dont stand much chance at the shelter.

Well- I did my shelter walk today, and look what I saw!!!

.....Oh by the way- when a dog at the pound is wearing a plastic yellow collar, it means they have been ADOPTED! Someone- some ANGEL- some SAINT- took in mom and ALL of her puppies. I was so ecstatic I just sat by her kennel petting them, crying. Mom def recognized me, and let me pet her puppies. I was just so happy! :D

Barb04

Super Moderator
When I read what the yellow meant, I got tears in my eyes. I'm so happy they're being rescued. I hope they all go to loving homes.

WHOOT!!!!! That's a high note :)

You know, if they ARE Aussie/APBT mixes they stand a good chance of being amazing athletes! What a mix that would be on an agility course.

BostonBanker

Oh, that makes me so happy that someone isn't taking just the puppies, but is giving Mom a chance as well!

You know, if they ARE Aussie/APBT mixes they stand a good chance of being amazing athletes! What a mix that would be on an agility course.
No kidding! There are some BC/pits (I've seen a lot of Staffie mixes) who are tearing up the flyball and agility world. It's one of my favorite mixes. I bet the Aussie/APBT would be great as well!

What I was most excited about was seeing that mom was getting a second chance too.

I know dogs get very protective when they have pups, and mom never once showed me anything but love, even when I was petting her pups.

And yeah can you imagine these pups doing agility?! I wanted one of them so bad! i cant wait till I buy my own house!

That's just wonderful news. I was most excited to see that dear mama being able to get her chance at a good life too. I kept looking back to see if I really saw a bit of yellow under her chin. *sniffle*...so terrific!!!!

Members online