AHH!! food drama..

iheartsammy

ME+DOGS=CRAZY
I knew this was coming, but my mom has finally said I can no longer feed EVO because it cost too much. What makes me even madder is the food was my allowence, which otherwise would be $100 a month. But the food was only $50 a month. Instead she's now giving me regular allowence, but says I can't use it to buy dog food? WTF???:mad: I don't get it! Now Samm has to eat what the other dogs eat. Which I think is Kirkland brand. But my mom somehow got a 40lb bag of Alpo (*pukes*) from a friend..How does a dog go from EVO to Alpo? Sometimes my mom could care less about what I tell her..I don't know what to do, my mom obviously doesn't want me to feed what I think is best (sometimes she has laughed at me when I talk about dog nutrition, and when I ask her why she just says, "I can't wait till you get older and laugh at this")..but there is no way I'm going to let her feed my dog Alpo..I so cannot wait till I get a job, as a matter of fact thats the first thing I'm going to start looking for as soon as I get home.

Dekka

Just try me..
That is so sad. Can you print articles off for her to read? Did you or do you take any classes (where the trainer could mention how awesome Evo is)?

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Kirkland is still a pretty good food though, comparable to Canidae I believe. I wouldn't want to feed Alpo either.

iheartsammy

ME+DOGS=CRAZY
I can't take classes, I'm only 15 lol

I know kirkland is pretty good, I'm the one who, told her this...:p and it's kinda hard to explain..she says she believes me and trusts what I say about dog food, but I get this obvious feeling that she douts everything I say.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
^^ I get that feeling too from my mom sometimes =/

Have you asked her WHY you can't spend YOUR money on that?

iheartsammy

ME+DOGS=CRAZY
^^ I get that feeling too from my mom sometimes =/

Have you asked her WHY you can't spend YOUR money on that?
yea, she says I need to start spending it on car insurance (for a car that I don't have!) but I don't even have a lisence and wont have one until I finish driving school, which I can't even start until I have a semester of good grades. It seems pointless to enforce this rule now..I could see if I had a car or something, but I don't!

The worst insurance I've seen is $2000/year, but thats for a male with a relatively fast car. A more likely number is $1000/year. Thats $20 a week.

Dekka

Just try me..
I can't take classes, I'm only 15 lol
I have kids in my classes that have been under 10, so age has nothing to do with it. But try to find some articles..there is a good one by someone at harvard. If you are interested let me know and I can see if I can dig it out.

heavyjay

From EVO to Alpo. Sounds like a bad country song. Seriously though, your mom needs to take an interest in your pets' nutrition. Does she know the crap that's in a lot of commercial dog foods? Ethoxyquin, which is used as a preservative, has been proven to cause liver cancer, among other things. Sodium pentobarbital, a euthanizing drug, isn't broken down by rendering and is present in pet foods. Buy the book "Food Pets Die For: Shocking Facts About Pet Food" by Ann N. Martin and make her read it. It will change the way she looks a pet foods.

Herschel

Alpo "Come'N Get It"
Ground yellow corn, beef and bone meal (source of beef flavor), corn germ meal, soybean meal, animal fat (preserved with BHA), digest of chicken by-products (source of chicken flavor), pork and bone meal, poultry by-product meal, salt, iron oxide, glandular meal (source of liver flavor), cheese meal (source of cheese flavor), choline chloride, zinc, sulfate, ferrous sulfate, vitamin E supplement, copper sulfate, vitamin A acetate, manganese sulfate, niacin, calcium pantothenate, riboflavin supplement (vitamin B2), vitamin B12 supplement, thiamin mononitrate (vitamin B1), vitamin D3 supplement, potassium iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), sodium selenite, folic acid, biotin.

Show your mom the ingredient list. Point out that the food is mostly grain and extremely low quality meat sources. Ask her if she thinks dogs should eat corn and hay or if they should eat meat.

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
id somehow manage to "accidentally" destroy the alpo...have something leak on the bag or something and toss it...

the kirkland isnt a bad food, so better that than the alpo...

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
I agree if money is an issue Kirkland is okay. It's certainly much better than Alpo. It's very inexpensive, though you can only get it if you go to a Costco. Just a suggestion.

Members online

No members online now.