Chessie breeder (lines) question

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
As I'm sure you all know, I'm on the waitlist for a litter due mid-May. I've also decided to contact another breeder up north just in case the litter I'm waiting on doesn't have a suitable pup.

Since I am completely knew to the whole "buying a dog from a breeder" thing, I'm also not aware of the popular lines in the Chessie world. So, I thought I'd ask here and see if anyone had anything good (or bad!) to say about these particular lines of dogs. I've researched as best I can and everything looks good to me on paper, but since I've never actually met any of the dogs, I'm hoping someone here will have had actual physical interaction.

So, does anyone have any experience with dogs from the Chesabar line, or dogs from the Sandbar line? Not the actual breeders themselves, just dogs from their lines.

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
Never delt with those lines. I show'd a few for a breeder. Looks like there had "Pond Hollow"

This is thier boy http://mallardsway.com/Cactuspedigree.html

I really like the breed. I find most of them are hard to show. They arent happy to go off without thier owner. Not that they are skittish or agressive, just a Your not mom and Im not doing it, attitude.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
Never delt with those lines. I show'd a few for a breeder. Looks like there had "Pond Hollow"

This is thier boy http://mallardsway.com/Cactuspedigree.html

I really like the breed. I find most of them are hard to show. They arent happy to go off without thier owner. Not that they are skittish or agressive, just a Your not mom and Im not doing it, attitude.
I actually think a friend of mine has a pup from them. I will go ask her.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I think Pond Hollow has some influence in the Sandbar lines...? I remember seeing that name in a few pedigrees, anyway.

I'm happy with the breeder I've chosen, but I'm still curious to hear more about the dogs. :)

Members online

No members online now.