Chocolate Lab Dilemma

Bodi's Mom

Hylen's Bodacious Big Boy
I'm asking for help from anyone in the Philadelphia, Delaware, Maryland, Southern PA area. My friends Dad suddenly passed away three days ago and left behind an 18 month, beautiful, neutered, male Chocolate Lab. Unfortunately this poor dog is now in the hands of my friends *#**#!! brother, who apparently has him tied to a tree and is disciplining him with a rolled up newspaper and a belt. He's a good dog (very submissive), but is still a young Lab and has a lot of energy. My friend cannot take him as she lives 3000 miles away in a small condo (no pets allowed). I would take him but I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow and won't be back for a week. I'm calling and asking everyone I know to save this poor pup from further abuse.

bubbatd

I agree wit Lab rescue ASAP ! They are a wonderful , caring group !

Bodi's Mom

Called several Lab Rescues and the soonest anyone can come is the day after tomorrow. Luckily, my neighbor offered to go and save him tomorrow morning and then will work on finding him a good, loving home. Prayers for this sweet boy please. Thanks everyone.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Oh good. I'm glad lab rescue is going to take him! I thought I might have to have you send him here! :p

((Goodvibes))

Lizmo

Water Junkie
OH I'm so glad you neighbor can take him. I feel so bad for the Lab. He's probably so sonfused :(

I'm glad you are willing to step up and help find a home for him :)

Bodi's Mom

Update on the Lab - My neighbor went to pick him up this morning and was told by the *#**!! brother that he had enough of the dog last night (10PM)and left him tied up to the local ASPCA front door. When we called the shelter this morning, we were informed that the pup was placed in a foster home with a loving family. After they assess him in a few days, he will be put up for adoption, which he should have a very good chance being that his disposition is so sweet. Hopefully this story will have a happy ending. I'll keep everyone posted, as my neighbor has the telephone number of the foster family. Thanks sooooo much for all the good vibes everyone!

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
This thread made me tear up--what a horrible, confusing thing for the poor guy to go through. It sounds like he's on the right track now and I'm praying that he finds his way to a good forever home!

Members online

No members online now.