Can't sleep

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
What this time? Ants... Yup... Ants. Thanks to Joey spilling pediasure all over my bed and on the floor earlier we now have ants. I even tried to clean it all up earlier, but it still attracted them and I'm trying to keep them off my bed now. I can't sleep because now I constantly feel like I have ants on me even though I think I killed most of them with the leftover peppermint oil/water solution and I'm probably being paranoid since I haven't seen one on the bed in a little bit now. But now I feel itchy everywhere. I seriously can't catch a break it seems.

So question... What's a good pet safe ant spray that works quickly? Josh and I found where they are coming from and want to spray the hell out of the area.

If its not spiders or wild snakes its ants. Wonder what's next.... Welcome to the jungle... At least that's how this feels. The ants at least could have been prevented if I had just caught Joey before he opened the thing of pediasure. Dangit.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
If it is any consolation, I can't sleep either.. However, it is not because of ants. Mainly insomnia. Haha. I have to be up for work in four hours. Awesome.

GipsyQueen

Ikk, we have ants not too long ago. Honestly though we used one of those raid things that you put on the ground and they eat the stuff and it kills the entire nest, after nothing else helped. I'm honestly not sure how I would feel though if we had a dog in the apartment. We ended up closing the hole where they were coming from once they were all gone.

Snark

Mutts to you
Diatomaceous earth (the garden kind) works really well with ants. I've sprinkled it along the porch baseboard of our doorways and it stopped the little buggers from coming in the house.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
DE around the foundation really helped us with ants a while back. I also like the Nature's Guardian spray but it looks like they no longer make it. :( It was d-limone from orange peels.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Josh is picking up some stuff today so we can stop them from coming in. I need to get a container for one of my dog food bags (now that Cricket is on a separate food than the boys) and I'm crossing my fingers the ants don't make it to the dog food before I can grab an ant proof container from either Walmart or petsmart.

I got most of the spiders under control (I think) with the peppermint oil/water solution but I wonder if the ant spray will finish them off as well.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Orange Guard is my favourite product for ants and because it's natural it's safe to use around dogs!

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Beanie thanks for that name - it looks very similar to the Nature's Guardian I can't find!!!

Lyzelle

Plain ground cinnamon works great to deter them. I use it in the garage, and they hate the stuff. I usually sprinkle a little baking soda in with it, just in case they feel like taking something back to the nest and killing the rest of them.

Romy

Taxiderpy
Moxiecollies had a terrible sugar ant problem. We used some spray that had cinnamon and spearmint oil. It smelled AWESOME. And it was insta-ant doom. Muahahaha. I'll ask her what the brand was called.

As a bonus, mice don't like mint either. Not that you've seen any, but with all the other problems it doesn't hurt for stuff to serve double duty.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
My husband got some of the Terro liquid ant traps earlier. Is it bad that I'm amused watching the ants all race to get in the traps? There were a TON more when I got home so we just set up the traps and now I'm waiting to watch them die. I'm glad I know about cinnamon now though. I would have never known that works. After we get rid of them would keeping a little cinnamon over by where they are coming from under the baseboard work as a deterrant from further ant issues?

Members online

No members online now.