just tried to get scammed by neighbor

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Ok, so today a woman came to my door steaming mad. She claimed that her dog had pups today and they were fathered by my dog Mack :eek: . Her dog is a purebreed lab and she's going off on how her dog is RUINED and she'll never be able to have a decent litter now because she mated with a mutt :rolleyes: . I told the lady Mack was fixed and that he was never allowed to run loose but this lady INSISTED that Mack was the father of her dog's puppies. She told me that as soon as the puppies were weaned from the mother she would be dropping them off for us to deal with and find homes for. I got the woman's address and told her that me and my husband would go over tomorrow and take a look at the puppies and then discuss what we would do from there. Well just out of curiousity I drove over there today and I took a look at them and they look NOTHING like Mack. I'm guessing we'll have to get a DNA test done for the puppies, but I think this lady was hoping we would just pay her off and she'd make a quick buck on this litter of puppies she has. Why she picked us to mess with I don't know. I guess we look like we're pretty well off :rolleyes: . There are DNA tests for dogs...right :confused: ? How much do they cost to get one done? What is the procedure do they test all the pups or just one?

Adrienne

Yep, you can paternity test a pup. You would swab a pups check, the moms and your males. What a brat that woman is, not willing to just suck it up and admit that she made a mistake. If she knew it was Mack why didn't she come over when her female showed signs of pregnancy? Why wait till now? As for the pricing, it is expensive I believe, not super but a lot for a person like me! And as for her saying her dog was ruined and would never be able to have a good litter now, that just goes to show how ignorant she is, what the heck would that have to do with any future litters? LOL! Poor Mack and poor you. Hope it goes well!

Y

yuckaduck

I want to see how a dog with no knockers who can breed? You got a miracle dog there. She is in it for the quick buck or her dog got knocked up and she saw you had a dog that she could blame. Even if it was your dog she is responsible for her female. She should have never left her dog outside alone for the neighbourhood men to come calling on. Responsibility. Man you have sucker written on your forehead. I am sorry you have to deal with such nonsense. Yes there are DNA tests for dogs Yukon had one at anothers expense yesterday. It was a simply blood test but I think they will be able to do one pup but I really don't know. If you have them tested and it is not Macks you better make her sign a contract that she pays the bill. Otherwise you will be screwed out of that money that could be used for your own doggies. Good luck. I believe Adrienne said swab cheeks that could be too, I know with Yuck they actually took blood.

Purr

~3 Mutts~
This woman sounds ridiculous :rolleyes: Sorry you have to deal with this. Do you have dated proof of Mack's neuter? If you do, then there isn't a darn thing she can do :D Of course, I'd personally trust you and your husband much more than an ignorant like her to find those pups homes. Anyhow, best of luck.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
she said she didn't think that she was pregnant from just that one time. I asked her why didn't she just come to our house when this first happened and she said that she didn't think she was pregnant. Her husband was the only one home when I went there later on and he was sort of confused by the story that I told him. I think he wanted to say something but he wouldn't. We do have proof of his neuter but he was neutered like a month ago. He has never been allowed to run loose though. There have been a few times that he has escaped but he never strayed away from the house and we could always see him. I should get pictures of the puppies tomorrow when and if we go and post them for you guys. Most the puppies are black but there are a few with white splotches on them.

Y

yuckaduck

Purr said:
This woman sounds ridiculous :rolleyes: Sorry you have to deal with this. Do you have dated proof of Mack's neuter? If you do, then there isn't a darn thing she can do :D Of course, I'd personally trust you and your husband much more than an ignorant like her to find those pups homes. Anyhow, best of luck.
True but it is not there responsiblity to find homes for them. What if they get stuck with them? They have 4 dogs now how many more do they want and need?

Y

yuckaduck

juliefurry said:
she said she didn't think that she was pregnant from just that one time. I asked her why didn't she just come to our house when this first happened and she said that she didn't think she was pregnant. Her husband was the only one home when I went there later on and he was sort of confused by the story that I told him. I think he wanted to say something but he wouldn't.
She thinks she found someone too dumb to care to argue. Good for you for standing up for yourself. You are no dumby. Smarty pants you. :D

ohmai

I think you might be able to sue her for that.. or whatever. To teach her a lesson.

Y

yuckaduck

Adrienne said:
With Neva we did cheek swabs but blood tests are more the norm I believe.
I can't argue with you on it because I just don't know which is better only know what they did with us. LOL Darn maybe next time! :cool:

poeluvr

curious...which one is mak.
you might not even have to do the test..scare her off. you could say:"this is how its gonna go down...we're gonna have a peturnity test. if they are my dogs pups ill pay for it, if their urs and some other muttt, u will," rmind her again that ur dogs neutered,,,,unless she really thinks ur dog did this,,she'll back down

Buckshot

If you are absolutly sure that it isnt mack make her a wager. Find out how much the dna cost would be and say $100 dollars per puppy. If Mack is the father you owe her that much. If Mack is not the father she owes you that much. If she is really certain she will be chomping at the bit for that deal. If she wont sign an agreement like that she isnt very sure

poeluvr

Buckshot said:
If you are absolutly sure that it isnt mack make her a wager. Find out how much the dna cost would be and say $100 dollars per puppy. If Mack is the father you owe her that much. If Mack is not the father she owes you that much. If she is really certain she will be chomping at the bit for that deal. If she wont sign an agreement like that she isnt very sure
buck,,,lol, thats whatt i said above ur post c?.hehe

Purr

~3 Mutts~
Yuckaduck, I didn't mean to imply that it's Julie's responsibility; just that I think she's far more capable of finding decent homes for those babies than the neighbor. Just wanted to explain :D

Y

yuckaduck

Purr said:
Yuckaduck, I didn't mean to imply that it's Julie's responsibility; just that I think she's far more capable of finding decent homes for those babies than the neighbor. Just wanted to explain :D
Understood completely, no hard feelings besides it isn't me getting the pups. Just meant it wasn't her job is all. I bet you are right though Julie would find far better homes.

bubbatd

That is a fine line from the neutering to the births. If she said she didn't think one time would do it, did she see the mating ??? #1, it's her fault if she left her b*tch unattended. I would just show the neutering papers.... sounds like she might drop it. ( Dumb?)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
that is as funny as the woman ranting at my door that Mary hiked her leg on her new suv..you should have seen her face (sometimes things just come out of my mouth before i can cut them off) when i said Mary had about as much a chance of hiking her leg on her suv and she did..that mary was a gurl. That woman turned purple with rage. Her husband came over and apoligized later. Just tell the woman if she abandons the pups on your door you will call the authorities for animal abuse..i do believe that covers abandonment. Then shut the door and be done with it. That is where they will probably end up in the long run..poor babies..

Y

yuckaduck

smkie said:
that is as funny as the woman ranting at my door that Mary hiked her leg on her new suv..you should have seen her face (sometimes things just come out of my mouth before i can cut them off) when i said Mary had about as much a chance of hiking her leg on her suv and she did..that mary was a gurl. That woman turned purple with rage. Her husband came over and apoligized later. Just tell the woman if she abandons the pups on your door you will call the authorities for animal abuse..i do believe that covers abandonment. Then shut the door and be done with it. That is where they will probably end up in the long run..poor babies..
It certainly would be abandonment and she is in the wrong here. I called for you to check your state laws. Julie you have absoluetly no responsibility towards these pups. The owner of the female is responsible no matter what and if she ever brings those pups to you you call your local police or the state police and they will give the pups back to her and charge her. Also make sure you do not bring any of the pups into your house or yard because that is looked at as an admititment to guilt. So you must leave them on the front porch or whereever the lady drops them and call imediately. If any harm comes to the pups the lady who abanndoned them is responsible.

bubbatd

This is so sad !!! Please make sure the pups aren't " thrown out" before at least 7 wks. !!!!! If they are, report to a rescue group. Poor babies !!!!

bubbatd

P.S. How about a letter to the editor if things get nasty ???? This would bring on a lot of dog lovers !!!!

Members online

No members online now.