dog home

Rainglow17

I have a shepard mix dog who is about a year and a half. We have decided that we must find a new home for her, due to the fact that she attacks our other dog. They will get along great for a while, then she will snap and attack him. Then they are separated for a while, and eventually get along great again... then snap. This last time that she attacked my other dog, he has been limping on the leg that she bit him.

It is sad because most of the time she is a great dog. While I am keeping them separated, our other dog (that she attacked) while whimper and whine because he wants to go play with her. but if we let them be together, she will attack again. It is not fair to keep going on like this because we cannot predict the attacks, and our other dog ends up getting hurt. It is also not fair to keep them separated all the time because then we are not able to give either of them much attention if one is locked away half the time.

We need to find someone who has no other dogs that wants to adopt her. Preferably, it would be great to find someone who knows how to work with dogs and aggression issues, so that perhaps she can one day again be around other dogs without fear that she might attack them. Please, if there is anyone you know (in the Ravenna, OH area) that would like to provide care to our dog, let me know and I can provide as much info as you would like about her.

This is very urgent because my husband wants to take her to the pound, where she will be very likely to get put down because of her aggression. I DONT WANT THAT TO HAPPEN! Please help!

Rainglow17

Yes, i put an ad on petfinder. i think she was on it a while back too because my sister (who has a cat rescue) was contacting other shelters for me, and one of them put an ad out for her. I just want to try everything i can to get her into a good home or a shelter that can work with her some.

bubbatd

Have you contacted the Shephard club in your area ??? Many take a mix .

Members online

No members online now.