Puppy Training.... wow

Bafa

I started my puppy in classes offered at PetSmart. I am not saying PetSmart is where to go, I am sure you can get excellent training at a bunch of different places, PetSmart is just where I happened to land.

I have to say i was a little skeptical about pet training. I figured they's give you a bunch of commands and maybe the dog would do it sometimes, maybe not. I was really mistaken. My dog is 4 months old now and does so well it makes me and my wife laugh when she immediatly follows commands. When we drop stuff on the floor she doesn't go after it, she is getting much better at staying right next to me on walks and ignoring other dogs children bikes and what have you, crate traing has been a winner 4 weeks no accidents, she sits and lays down at hand signals, drops things we dont want her to have on command, and she doesnt use her teeth to love on us anymore. I see positive changes in many other areas of her behaivior.

The cool thing is if you have more than one dog, you only need to enroll one because the meat of the learning is done through homework. The class is really to train you, the human, how to work with your dog.

i just had to post cause I am really blown back by the effectiveness of dog classes.

so glad to hear it worked for you.

Petsmart was a disaster for us and a waste of money.

The problem with Petsmart is that there is no consistency in their grooming salons or with their trainers... one may be great, another terrible.

lizzybeth727

I'm so glad it worked for you! I've also had a lot of luck at Petsmart, but you do have to really do your homework and interview your trainer... But I suggest that anywhere you go.

That's wonderful! When it works, it's so rewarding. No matter where you go, all you need is a good, talented, kind, skilled trainer. There are bad ones out there just like any profession. A friend of mine, who is an amazing dog trainer, worked at Petsmart. People were lucky to learn from her.

Now, it's obvious to me that you are an excellent trainer as well. You've learned what you're supposed to do, and you follow up at home. You are the pack leader and your dog is happy to learn from you. What a fabulous success story!

Members online

No members online now.