Labradoodle Anyone?

showpug

Our local shelter just got in 40 lab/poodle cross puppies :yikes: They are all being put up for adoption tomorrow. They came from a woman who's breeding program got out of control and she couldn't handle all her dogs so she sent them to the humane society. Luckily they have all been spayed and neuterd. I hope they all get adopted! I wish I could take on another dog right now:(

Last edited:

stevinski

Int CH - $uperBitch
i dont even understand people who buy these cross breeds in the first place. They dont look right. Downs syndrome looking.

lol theirs quite a few peeps on here who have bought labradoodles (dr2little, rubylove, etc)

i wouldnt say they look bad or anything and i think their quite sweet looking, its just the breeding that bothers me, not the dogs themselves :D

i dont even understand people who buy these cross breeds in the first place. They dont look right. Downs syndrome looking.
Wow, that was helpful...:mad: What does saying something that insensitive and thoughtless serve to add to this thread.
I happen to adore my Labradoodle and don't appreciate your comment!:mad:

I'm equally certain that familys of people who happen to have Downs syndrome would appreciate it even less.

I hardly think that this Labradoodle puppy looks "not quite right".

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Dr2little, I think that she is SOOOO cute....how could some not love that face!!! :confused: :D

Those poor Puppies ShowPug!!!! :(

I hope they all go to lonving for ever homes! :)

showpug

Wow, that was helpful...:mad: What does saying something that insensitive and thoughtless serve to add to this thread.
I happen to adore my Labradoodle and don't appreciate your comment!:mad:

I'm equally certain that familys of people who happen to have Downs syndrome would appreciate it even less.

I hardly think that this Labradoodle puppy looks "not quite right".

Your dog is adorable as are these puppies. Give me a moment and I will post some pics.

bubbatd

:hail: Doc !!! I was waiting for the answer !! For those who wish to be educated .... Dr. Down discovered triscomy 21.... he didn't have the syndrome , therefore those with the number of genes have Down Syndrome....they aren't Down syndrome people , they are people who happen to have Down Syndrome. and yes , they are as cute as Doc's dogs !!! Especially my grandboy , Nash !! Learn !! Google - Mauzy's Musings . Now back to the subject .....:popcorn:

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
i think laberdoodles are one of the cutest dogs i have ever seen!! i love them

i would not buy one but i want to rescue one

:hail: Doc !!! I was waiting for the answer !! For those who wish to be educated .... Dr. Down discovered triscomy 21.... he didn't have the syndrome , therefore those with the number of genes have Down Syndrome....they aren't Down syndrome people , they are people who happen to have Down Syndrome. and yes , they are as cute as Doc's dogs !!! Especially my grandboy , Nash !! Learn !! Google - Mauzy's Musings . Now back to the subject .....:popcorn:
I saw that beautiful Grandbaby of yours (Nash), and his face was exactly where I flashed to when I read that insensitive post.
While I cherish my sweet Sophie, even she can't compete with your little Nash's dear face.:)

RD

Are you dead yet?
Oh, those poor babies. :( I hope they get snapped up into loving homes. They are beautiful.

I'd take Ivy in a heartbeat.

MomOf7

Evil Kitty taco eater
I think they had something on the news here about that Showpug.
Poor puppers I hope they get good homes:)

Brattina88

They're so cute... poor pups... I'm glad the rescue got ahold of them early; hopefully the worst is behind them. 40 puppies?? Holy cow, BYB or puppymill ??

bubbatd

It's a shame the BYB was out for the almight $$ , but I hope 40 people will have the wonderful babies in their homes soon .... and spay and neuter !!

Doberluv

OMG! Dr2little! You're adorable and your dog is adorable. What an adorable picture!!!

You know...I've always thought mixing dogs was a horrible thing to do. After all, there are a lot of mixed breeds in shelters that need homes. And I always thought that responsible breeders are the ones who promote health and reduce genetic problems by being careful. But after doing some study (not a huge amount yet) and reading about the domestication process, evolution, some biology, I have come to have mixed feelings about mixing breeds together, such as Labradoodles. When purebred dogs are bred, selected from the best of the best, (and there aren't that many) that limits the gene pool and that very thing IS what causes genetic defects, (not breeding dogs with defects necessarily, but just the fact that they're relatives causes defects) that are so prevelent in our purebred dogs. Their life spans are getting shorter and they are in big trouble.

When an outside dog with no chance of relatives anywhere back there is introduced, there is a wider variety of genes and this reduces mutations. (hip, eyes, elbows, all the diseases etc, etc) When there is a champion somewhere back there, everyone and their brother is bred to it and all those offspring are bred together. It doesn't matter that they're line bred and not inbred. It's not enough to stop this genetic drift or whatever.

So, while I still think some kind of caution or plan needs to be implimented, I'm beginning to like the Labradoodle for a breed. Now if someone starts getting too "responsible" and starts breeding only those few who are the creme of the crop, we're back with the same problem our purebreds are having. Sure, a dog with known defects should not be bred. But the large variation in background is a good thing.

I met a Labradoodle where I went babysitting with my daughter and that dog hadn't had any training much. He was jumping up on me and just nutso. In about a half hour, I had him not jumping up for a greeting, going out the door more politely and not jumping up on the counters. LOL. He was so sweet and willing. He was beautiful too....just like yours, Dr2lilttle.....curly hair, muscular and sturdy and fairly tall. And that sweet, intelligent expression! Wow.

Anyhow... I think they're great dogs. But that woman shouldn't have been breeding so many, probably all from just a very few.

Members online