S0ME PPL DONt HAVE A CLUE.

kazkirk

PixieSticksandTricks said:
Why is an aggressive dog so great? I know my dog would attack anyone coming after me. BUT she is not aggressive for no reason.

Why is it a dogs only worth something to you if its aggressive?

Yup too bad my dog doesent lunge at everyone an everything.
Im just hoping your post was as sarcastic as his and that you just didnt read his initial sarcasm. If not, thats a pretty obnoxious statement.

As for the people running up randomly deciding that your dog is a teddy bear, I HATE THAT! ARRRRRRRRRGH!

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist
kazkirk said:
Im just hoping your post was as sarcastic as his and that you just didnt read his initial sarcasm. If not, thats a pretty obnoxious statement.

As for the people running up randomly deciding that your dog is a teddy bear, I HATE THAT! ARRRRRRRRRGH!

Oh well :) im am obnoxious and I like it.

mrose_s

BusterLove
once a kid came to our house. every time she was fascinated by Sophie, she was only about 5 but she would pull out Sophies lips, hit her back and stick her fingers in her eyes. the most Sophie woould do was go to bed and ignore her. But if she did that to buster we may have had a big problem on our hands so one day i just grabbed her arm and told her she couldnt do it, because it was not nice. she cried a biut but never touched sophie again. May have been a bit harsh but no harm was done and i cant stand someone mistreatuing my dog

RD

Are you dead yet?
PixieSticksandTricks said:
Why is an aggressive dog so great? I know my dog would attack anyone coming after me. BUT she is not aggressive for no reason.

Why is it a dogs only worth something to you if its aggressive?

Yup too bad my dog doesent lunge at everyone an everything.
Everyone's entitled to their opinions, I'd just like to point out that the views of working dog fanciers are not going to match those of most pet owners. People who have working dogs do value certain traits in their breed/dogs such as how BC people value intensity, fearlessness and intelligence in their Border Collies. I will always have working dogs, but that doesn't mean I have no appreciation for dogs that are strictly pets, but there are traits that I value more in a dog than others. :)

I don't have a problem with the mellow, sweet couch potatoes but that isn't my ideal dog. If people feel like they can tell me how much they hate dogs like mine, then I can tell them that I am not wild about their kind of dog too. It all comes down to personal preference!

And it is remarkable what a sharp, firm voice will do to stop a kid in their tracks. I know I embarrass my family and friends when I am out with them, but I do usually take the time to stop people and educate them about how to approach a dog. I know my dog wouldn't do anything if they didn't make a proper introduction, but that is not true for all dogs. I'd rather teach a kid how to interact with dogs when they're making their mistakes on my "kid-proof" dog than just letting them do it and remain ignorant of how to act around dogs. If it could save the kid from a bite in the future, it's worth it.

oriondw

user not active
Doggish.Obsession said:
Usually, nearly BIG dogs I walk cautiously and say "Does he bite?" But sometimes when I see a small really cute dog I completely forget and run up and say HHEY PUPPY!!!!
All dogs bite ;)

D

Dobiegurl

oriondw said:
All dogs bite ;)
True. I hate when people say that "oh my dog won't bite" but if it has teeth it can bite and some things may trigger your dog to go off. When someone asks me does my dog bite I always say "he's got teeth"and that usually scares people away. I do that when people irritate me about my dog.

lol!
"he's got teeth"
One time when Charley was out with Odd Job, someone asked him the same thing . . . his reply was, "no, he just carries that mouthful of teeth around for the F of it." (Odd Job was a Bull Mastiff/Rottie mix)

Orion, I think you and Charley would really enjoy each other's company . . . and probably should never be allowed to meet - too dangerous! :D

Doggish.Obsession said:
Usually, nearly BIG dogs I walk cautiously and say "Does he bite?" But sometimes when I see a small really cute dog I completely forget and run up and say HHEY PUPPY!!!!
Just because a dog is big doesn't mean it's viscious.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Doggish.Obsession said:
rofl

My "cute little doggy" would bite you. :p Just because they are small doesn't mean they like strangers running up to them and smothering them with attention without so much as a moment of introduction to the dog.

Come to think of it.. If you did that to my dog, I might bite you, too. ;)

Members online

No members online now.