Jake

Irish

My beautiful Jake left me this morning. She didn't want to go, she wanted to take care of me, but her precious little body just gave out. She was so pretty, a long haired tabby, with gorgeous green eyes. But she was even more beautiful on the inside. She loved me with all her heart. We spent 16 years together, she slept with me every night. I can not express the specialness of her, words aren't enough. She took care of me and my husband and kids, she really did. She used to get the kids up for school in the morning, she's actually pull their blankets off them when it was time to get up. If I was mad at the other cat or the dogs and scolded them, she'd give them a swat for good measure. If any of us was upset, she would know and come to lay on you to give you comfort. She was so much more than just a cat, a special spirit, who made my life so much nicer.

We knew she was going to leave us these last couple of days, she was in liver and kidney failure. I promised her I would be okay, because I knew she was worried about leaving me. I had to go to work this morning and I said good bye to her, telling her we had no regrets her and I, we loved each other passionately since the day we met. My boss let me go home early, and I went to Jake and watched her take her last breath, she had waited for me to come home.

I have so many memories, wonderful - heartwarming memories of the last 16 years with the best friend anyone could ever have. I know I will be okay, because to be less than that would not honor her. She was the most compassionate creature I've ever met, and I was so blessed to have her as my own.

Melissa_W

Awwww, I'm sorry for your loss, Irish. :( It sounds like you guys had a fantastic time together though. She'll live on in your memories.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Irish, the tears are flowing down my face as I read about Jake's passing. She was a very special cat and I can see why she will be missed. Cherish her memory forever in your heart.

Irish

Fran, Melissa and Barb,
Your words mean more than I can say. I know you all understand. Yes, I will cherish all my memories Barb, Thank you all.

Irish, you and Jake have been on my mind a lot since I first read about the problem with Jake, for some reason I keep on thinking about you. I am SO sad for you. You were indeed blessed to have shared your life with her, she sounds like the kind of friend anyone would be glad to have, and I know you will miss her so much.

Irish

Frenchboxer,
I want you to know that your posts have helped me a lot. I can feel your sincerity and sympathy across the many many miles that seperate us. I thank you with all my heart.

Your Jake gave you that last wonderful gift of taking the burden of choice off of your shoulders and waiting until you could be there so you would feel no guilt. That's love and a great heart.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Jake must have waited for you..your boss did the right thing letting you go early, it is good you got there in time to say goodbye. I am very sorry for your loss Irish.

Irish

Thank you Smkie and Blue,
My boss is a great animal lover also, when I told her about Jake, she said "you need to go home and be with her". Its very nice having understanding people in your life. Like you said Blue, we were there for each other in the end. I am grateful for that. The night before she died, she was so weak. When we went to bed, she was laying on our bedroom floor. We awoke in the night to her meowing, she wanted up in bed with me. I lifted her up with me and we had one last night together of snuggling. Thanks again Smkie and Blue, you guys mean a lot to me.

Members online

No members online now.