A rotten end to a rotten year!

My mother died about 9 months ago, then it was Molly on Nov 12, the same day a friend of mine that I knew for 50 years died, and on Dec 13, King went too, almost the same way Molly did. He was doing ok, then on Sat, he did inhale the food off my plate when I gave it to him. On Sunday, he seemed to have trouble walking, and refused to open his mouth to let me give him his Cushing's meds. He didn't eat his Mini Wheats that I gave him anyway. When I came home Monday morning, he was very bad. Lying in his own pee, and just laid there on the front seat. The vet said his heart was "not too good", and his left lung was muffled. He was showing signs of being in pain (A weird trembling he's had every time he's been hurt), so the decision was made and that was it.

For the first time in 35 years, I'm totally petless, no cat, no dog. It's nice not to have to worry about getting home, etc, but it seems very strange being in a house alone. I won't last long before I crack, I'm already fighting the urge to go to the humane society, as I pass pretty close to it every day or so. If I go in, I'm dead meat.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Hugs.........when you do decide to give in to the urge, we need pics of your new family member. I know that day will come when you will want to share the love you have for a new pup or kitten.

chaospony

I'm very sorry to hear of all your losses this past year.

They leave such a huge emptiness when they are no longer around. Even little everyday things you've never noticed are suddenly hugely changed.

If you are unsure if you are ready to make a commitment maybe you could contact a local rescue and foster for awhile?

spiffy

A rotten year indeed! But as they say sunshine comes after the rain. Pets that have passed away will never be forgotten but the feeling of emptiness wanes after a time. One day you would want to get another cat or dog to to shower with love. HUGS to make you feel better.

Well, I've already cracked, and am looking into adopting two cats. Hopefully, it will work out ok, as it's long distance.

Thanks for all the kind words.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Sorry you've had such a bad time, but good luck with your new additions!

Members online