Best remedy for eye stains

kds24

Our Havanese has had tear stains since we got her as a puppy. I haven't tried too many different products, but I was wondering if anyone had something that really seemed to work for them. I try to clean her eyes every other day (every day was my goal, but not realistic). She is so cute otherwise, but I feel like she looks like a stray when it has been awhile since her last haircut. Thanks!

Mordy

Quigleyfied
the best way is to address the issue internally. different people have results with various approaches, two of them are giving only distilled water (no tap water), and putting the dog on a good quality, high-dosed probiotic supplement.

food issues can also be a problem, e.g. eliminating grains from the diet may help.

kds24

Ah, the food issue again! It's all too much to be coincidental anymore with her. What do you mean by high-dosed probiotic supplement? We already give her distilled water to no avail since she was little, I'm going to really look into her food. Any good place to start?

Ash47

Taco Dog
To fix the problem on the outside, you could use peroxide or cornstarch. Just be vewwy vewwy careful not to get any in the eyeball. Mordy can help you with the food situation.

Members online

No members online now.