Pics of Kat

Richie12345

A bengal (if none of yall knew) is an Asian Leopard Cat mixed with a Domesticated cat. I would like to get another one, they're so nice and playful, lol actually my cat thinks it's a dog.
This is a vid of a ASC I found on the internet...

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
She's a beauty and no mistake!! :D I love the long fluid gait they have!
I have a cat called Katelina! She's a moggy! :D There are pics of her already on here! :D

Richie12345

Babyblue5290 said:
so it's like a wolf hybrid for cats?
Yeah, pretty much... But this is a little different, they want to be around you, atleast mine does. That's why I want another, but I will wait for a couple years then think about it...

Richie12345

I know it's against what I say.... but... Mayia has been so nice to me, and has always took naps by my side and stuff... she's so lovable. That's pretty much why I would like another bengal

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Richie1234 said:
Yeah, pretty much... But this is a little different, they want to be around you, atleast mine does. That's why I want another, but I will wait for a couple years then think about it...
I just don't understand how that's any different than wolf hybrids? If you could explain the difference or something I would appreciate it cause I don't like the idea of wild animals being bred with domestic......but maybe it's different with cats.
Anyways do you know of a website or something that explains why it's ok?

Richie12345

Babyblue5290 said:
I just don't understand how that's any different than wolf hybrids? If you could explain the difference or something I would appreciate it cause I don't like the idea of wild animals being bred with domestic......but maybe it's different with cats.
Anyways do you know of a website or something that explains why it's ok?
Babyblue, you're right, it isn't ok. If I knew then what I know now I would have never have gotten a bengal, but now that I have actually had a bengal I just can't help wanting another (I know I won't but that doesn't mean I can't want). The reason I said it was different was because it wants to be around you. My cat loves taking a snooze while I'm on the bed trying to do the same, and I find them rather easy to train. Of course, I have never owned a wolf hybrid, but I don't think it will have the same temperament... I said this b4, I am not a great speaker, and I have trouble explaining things at times. Sorry!

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Richie1234 said:
Babyblue, you're right, it isn't ok. If I knew then what I know now I would have never have gotten a bengal, but now that I have actually had a bengal I just can't help wanting another (I know I won't but that doesn't mean I can't want). The reason I said it was different was because it wants to be around you. My cat loves taking a snooze while I'm on the bed trying to do the same, and I find them rather easy to train. Of course, I have never owned a wolf hybrid, but I don't think it will have the same temperament... I said this b4, I am not a great speaker, and I have trouble explaining things at times. Sorry!
No need to be sorry. It's not that I think your a bad owner or anything I just don't understand how it's different. I didn't mean to be nagging or mean or rude or anything I just don't understand so I was asking the questions.

About getting a benal I think that's a good idea! Of course only if you wanted to and could. I was looking and they have a few different bengal cats in rescues and shelters in california. So if you wanted one you could look into rescuing one :)

I'm sorry cause I assumed you meant from like a breeder and I don't think you said that anywhere.....so I'm sorry for assuming that.

Richie12345

Babyblue5290 said:
No need to be sorry. It's not that I think your a bad owner or anything I just don't understand how it's different. I didn't mean to be nagging or mean or rude or anything I just don't understand so I was asking the questions.

About getting a benal I think that's a good idea! Of course only if you wanted to and could. I was looking and they have a few different bengal cats in rescues and shelters in california. So if you wanted one you could look into rescuing one :)

I'm sorry cause I assumed you meant from like a breeder and I don't think you said that anywhere.....so I'm sorry for assuming that.
So if you wanted one you could look into rescuing one- that's a great idea. I should rescue one, one of these days. I'm so used to getting my pets from breeders, I would have never thought of that, thanks for the idea!

Ash47

Taco Dog
I just found this thread. I love Bengals. They are beautiful. How old is she? And how do her and Cooper get along?

PFC1

Richie1234 said:
If I knew then what I know now I would have never have gotten a bengal
What do you know now that you didn't before? I have seen websites promoting these guys (almost always maintained by breeders), and they make them sound like they are all a bed of roses. They certainly look beautiful, and and from the descriptions I have read they tend to have great temperments. I have tried to find more objective websites describing the down sides, and the ethical issues, etc., but to no avail. Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.