This is Elijah

I figured since puppies should be arriving this week sometime, I should get around to introducing Eli first :)

I know i'm biased, but I think he's the happiest baby I've ever met in my life. That's not to say he doesn't have his moments, but most of them are pretty cool. So, here's a few of the thousands of pictures i've taken already in his 4 short months. (4 months on Sunday)

IMG_1845 by zendogbuddha, on Flickr

Eli 10 weeks by zendogbuddha, on Flickr

Chicago Smile.crop by zendogbuddha, on Flickr

IMG_9338 by zendogbuddha, on Flickr

IMG_9414 by zendogbuddha, on Flickr

IMG_9715 by zendogbuddha, on Flickr

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
If that were my baby, I'd be biased too. What a gleeful little cutie!

And good luck with whelping :) Any idea how many pups are on their way?

Thanks! Being a dad is greater than I could ever have imagined that's for sure. I'm very grateful that i've been able to spend so much time with him the past few months.

Not sure on the number of pups. She's pregnant, that's enough for me to know :) I don't like xray to confirm what my eyes can tell me, and ultrasounds are cool to see, but again, she's pregnant, I'll find out how many when they're born :)

I don't have any experience to draw from, but the breeder thinks 5 or so? which I think is a perfect number. I'm excited for this litter that's for sure.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Well, since you're always so grumpy, of course the baby seems happy by comparison :D I do have to wonder what the cat is whispering to him to cause that look on his face, though.

All kidding aside, though, great looking kid there! Enjoy him and take him places and do everything you possibly can to create memories for him and for you.

Well, since you're always so grumpy, of course the baby seems happy by comparison :D I do have to wonder what the cat is whispering to him to cause that look on his face, though.

All kidding aside, though, great looking kid there! Enjoy him and take him places and do everything you possibly can to create memories for him and for you.
you know i'm always about balance, so something has to even me out :) it's the natural order of things. Just today I had to yell at some **** kids to get off my grass :yikes:

I think that picture with the cat was when he was first realizing that his hands were actually attached to him. Before they just flailed about and hit things and they'd move which made him go nuts with glee :)

Then a few days he sat in his swing with his arms straight out in front just staring at his fists and it was like he was trying to get them to move, but he doesn't have the coordination yet. It's getting better every day, but back to the cat, I think he was really concentrating and wanted to reach out, but hadn't quite gotten the messages right to get his hands to extend :)

He reminded me of a kid trying to move things with his mind by concentrating really hard :)

Ok, i'm posting again because i'm a proud poppa and this picture makes me smile :)

IMG_9701 by zendogbuddha, on Flickr

and also because Yoli had her puppies yesterday. It was a tough go, needed help with 3 out of the 4 and had one that wasn't in the birth canal and stuck up by the uterus so she ended up having a c-section and that puppy unfortunately did not survive. But mom is doing great the 4 that are with us are all big, fat and strong puppies. We're really excited about these. 2 boys, 2 girls

Yoli puppies by zendogbuddha, on Flickr

Equinox

He is so adorable!! You should absolutely be proud :) And what a fantastic smile, just looking at the pictures make me happy. He seems like a very sweet boy.

I like his name, too. Elijah is one of my favorite baby boy names.

and also because Yoli had her puppies yesterday. It was a tough go, needed help with 3 out of the 4 and had one that wasn't in the birth canal and stuck up by the uterus so she ended up having a c-section and that puppy unfortunately did not survive. But mom is doing great the 4 that are with us are all big, fat and strong puppies. We're really excited about these. 2 boys, 2 girls
Congrats on the puppies, too!! Sorry to hear you lost one and that Yoli had to have a c-section, but very, very happy she and the puppies are doing well. Are there two sables and two blacks (...or black/tans?).

You're not going to get much rest for the next 8+ weeks, are you? :p

He is so adorable!! You should absolutely be proud :) And what a fantastic smile, just looking at the pictures make me happy. He seems like a very sweet boy.

I like his name, too. Elijah is one of my favorite baby boy names.

Congrats on the puppies, too!! Sorry to hear you lost one and that Yoli had to have a c-section, but very, very happy she and the puppies are doing well. Are there two sables and two blacks (...or black/tans?).

You're not going to get much rest for the next 8+ weeks, are you? :p
The 2 females are sable, the males are maybe bi-colors, we'll see when they get a little older.

I actually decided not to whelp the litter. Yoli is back at her breeders having the puppies. I really wanted to, but somehow things have a way of working out like they're supposed to. A lot of stuff has been going on here, nothing bad, just stuff and it all is hitting at this time so my wife and i decided we just aren't set up to have puppies here and with the timing we decided it was best to let her breeder take care of it. Considering how the whelping went, it's a good thing she did go back to someone experienced with these things.

So I miss her, but it's still only one, slightly less furry puppy, that will be keeping me up for now. I will be going down next week to see her and the puppies and i'll get a lot of pictures then.

Equinox

The 2 females are sable, the males are maybe bi-colors, we'll see when they get a little older.

I actually decided not to whelp the litter. Yoli is back at her breeders having the puppies. I really wanted to, but somehow things have a way of working out like they're supposed to. A lot of stuff has been going on here, nothing bad, just stuff and it all is hitting at this time so my wife and i decided we just aren't set up to have puppies here and with the timing we decided it was best to let her breeder take care of it. Considering how the whelping went, it's a good thing she did go back to someone experienced with these things.

So I miss her, but it's still only one, slightly less furry puppy, that will be keeping me up for now. I will be going down next week to see her and the puppies and i'll get a lot of pictures then.
Sounds like a great plan, and I'm glad that everything had a way of working out for the best! Ended up following you on Flickr, so I'm looking forward to seeing puppy photos next week.

And I don't say this about babies very often, but I think Elijah's just as cute as a bunch of puppies, if not more so!!

Sounds like a great plan, and I'm glad that everything had a way of working out for the best! Ended up following you on Flickr, so I'm looking forward to seeing puppy photos next week.

And I don't say this about babies very often, but I think Elijah's just as cute as a bunch of puppies, if not more so!!
I saw that I was wondering who it was, then I recognized that handsome dog :)

I'm hoping he posts some more in a couple days too, but for some reason I don't have pegged as a picture guy :) so we'll all have to wait till I can get down there

and thank you :) I still can't believe how awesome it is. I always thought babies were something you had to get thru till they were old enough to do cool stuff, what an idiot I was :D This has become the best thing on earth to me

Equinox

I saw that I was wondering who it was, then I recognized that handsome dog :)

I'm hoping he posts some more in a couple days too, but for some reason I don't have pegged as a picture guy :) so we'll all have to wait till I can get down there

and thank you :) I still can't believe how awesome it is. I always thought babies were something you had to get thru till they were old enough to do cool stuff, what an idiot I was :D This has become the best thing on earth to me
I've frequently had to remind myself that not everyone is as picture crazy as I am :eek: It's great that you are close enough to visit occasionally, though! And do you know when you'll get Yoli back?

Babies are wonderful! Of course, I say that as someone who's never had to stay up all night with one, but I really love looking after them. My mother used to run a daycare, so I've watched 4 month old babies grow up into 4 year olds and that might honestly be my favorite stage/age range. It is such a precious, sweet, and gratifying experience. Not to mention, it's a LOT of fun watching babies learn about the world around them and gain motor skills!!

That is one of my favorite parts. I lay on the floor with him and give him different things to figure out. Watching him connect the dots and where a fist used to just smack, now he reaches with intention and the fingers extend and rather than just grasping with fists, he now is learning about dexterity with his individual fingers.

I like watching the basics pop up, then disappear for a while, then come back as learned. He is almost rolling over completely on his own. It's cool to say the least.

oh, and we'll see how long it takes to ween the puppies, but probably between 5 and 7 weeks, closer to the 7 week mark.

It's been a while since i've updated. He's growing so fast, into everything. Very curious about everything and still just happy, happy all the time. He's about 9.5 months now. He'll be walking soon. He's been tearing around the furniture for a while now and tries walking with no support, but usually ends up on his face pretty quickly :) He doesn't have much fear, that worries me. I'm hoping we avoid the ER when he gets older :) He caught on to eating with us pretty quickly. he loves Sauerkraut, and will grab it 2 fistfuls at a time if you let him. Haven't found much he doesn't like yet, but I think most can tell by looking at him he really likes to eat.

IMG_0855 by zendogbuddha, on Flickr

IMG_1678 by zendogbuddha, on Flickr

He loves rolling this pumpkin around :)

IMG_1683 by zendogbuddha, on Flickr

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Great update, RTH! Nice to see the growing, happy families here.

Thanks Eddie, I think he may be part of the pumpkin family. The resemblance is remarkable :)

He is a lot of fun, he even tried jamming on the guitar with me last night. I think he's better than I am already.

Staff online

Members online