Fitbit

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I would give it a google I know there was a huge recall because people were getting strange rashes from the fitbit and the company didn't respond very well

It's the Force that was recalled. I have a Force, got it on black friday, wear it every day, and I have not had any issue.

I like The Force.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I have the Flex and like it. It helped me restrict my steps while recovering from my sprained ankle but I'm now able to use it to hit step goals, which is very motivating. :)

It's basically a souped up pedometer, though, so don't get it expecting to have it be perfectly accurate, especially for activities like biking or swimming.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
It's basically a souped up pedometer, though, so don't get it expecting to have it be perfectly accurate, especially for activities like biking or swimming.
This is why I personally wouldn't get one. I paid the same as a FitBit for a waterproof full-featured heart rate monitor that also has a built-in pedometer.

I'm not discounting the FitBit - it's good if you like to record your "active minutes" in a cloud app and have a vibrating alarm that also records sleep quality.

I use MyFitnessPal and SleepBot on my phone for those things.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I would personally invest in a good HRM over the Fitbit. I looked into both the Bodybugg and Fitbit about a year and a half ago. While some of the features are interesting, when it comes down to it, the best measure from a fitness standpoint - which is what I really wanted it for - will come from a quality HRM.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie

elegy

overdogged
I have a Fitbit Flex and I dig it. Although it is not entirely accurate on any day that involves tugging with dogs ;)

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
I have a bodymedia. I've had it 4ish years now. While I pay a fee for it, I like the stats, and I feel it's been worth itself. I know a bunch of ladies on a different group with fitbits and a few others, and it seems their fitbits seem inaccurate, on numbers at times.

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Wanted to give this a little bump. Interested in getting something to give me a little kick to stay active over the winter.

Fran27

I have the fitbit One. Honestly I used it a lot for the first 4 months, then I stopped (it was Summer and frankly, I have no idea where to put the thing when I'm wearing a dress). It gave me a good idea of my activity level and how many steps my usual runs or errands are, but sometimes the numbers made no sense whatsoever so it was frustrating (like it said I burned more calories on a day when I had less steps and less 'intense minutes' than on another day with more of both). But yes, it was pretty useful to help figure out how active I really was.

I have a HRM (Polar) too, but I stopped using that a while ago too, although it's really useful to know how many calories you burn during your workouts (but it can double up with fitbit for runs etc so you have to take that into account). It's just kind of a pain at times, you have to put it on, sometimes it stops in the middle etc...

I'd love a bodymedia but the cost is turning me off, and I don't really want to have to wear that thing on my arm all day.

Wanted to give this a little bump. Interested in getting something to give me a little kick to stay active over the winter.
I had the Fit Bit Force (the one they recalled) but I returned a few weeks ago. The band didn't start clasped and it would just fall off. The band was starting to crack and rip. Plus, I'm not sure it was that accurate - a few days it reported that I did 50+ flights of stairs and the number of steps was always much higher than my husband's Nike

Fran27

Oh yes stairs were always totally wrong for me. It seems it only registers if you don't stop or something... Some days I knew I went up and down my stairs like 10 times and it said 5 flights or stairs or something.

yoko

I got my brother one for Christmas last year and he really likes it but it's SUPER sensitive. It's the one he wears as a watch and it counts tiny things like writing as 'steps'. He says he's tried messing with it but it's always super sensitive. He wears it when he actually works out though and likes the info it gives him.

That's his only complaint about it though.

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
I had the Fit Bit Force (the one they recalled) but I returned a few weeks ago. The band didn't start clasped and it would just fall off. The band was starting to crack and rip. Plus, I'm not sure it was that accurate - a few days it reported that I did 50+ flights of stairs and the number of steps was always much higher than my husband's Nike
How does he like the Nike?

How does he like the Nike?
He'd like it a lot better if he didn't have to replace it every year because the button would go bad or it would stop holding a charge.

Here's a pretty decent review of four more common trackers :) I have no use for one but if I did, the Garmin would win for me hands down!

http://m.imore.com/ultimate-fitness...vs-jawbone-up24-vs-nike-fuelband-se-vs-garmin
I've been eying the Garmin one for a few weeks now. I'm just not totally sold on it. For now, I just want a watch with a pedometer on it. That's all. I don't care about calories burned, flights of stairs, etc. Just a watch that also counts steps

stafinois

Professional Nerd
I have the Fitbit One and I love it. I don't know that it's totally accurate, but wearing it on the hip seems to make it more reasonable than my wrist pedometer (smartwatch).

Plus there is an RPG that goes with Fitbit. Making it a game makes me more likely to work at it. I just like seeing the numbers go up even when I don't play the RPG.

Members online

No members online now.