Has anyone used Capstar?

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
One of my training client's dogs have fleas and was asking me about it, I haven't ever heard of it. It's pretty cheap... any experiences?

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Capstar kills all adult fleas on a dog...for 24 hours. It is meant as a 1 time flea treatment to give time for the slower acting topicals to take effect. (The company's actually purpose was to use it as a supplement with Sentinel. Sentinel inhibits flea reproduction, then the Capstar kills off the adult fleas. With all the adult fleas gone and eggs unable to grow and larvae starving...no more fleas!)

We use it all the time to "flea bomb" dogs that come into work and are going to board/get groomed. But without a follow up flea prevention, as long as the dog is still exposed to fleas in the environment...he'll be crawling in fleas the next day.

Mach1girl

Capstar rocks, but it's not cheap. Capstar is a daily pill. One pill kills the fleas for 24 hours. The price here is $8 per pill. It is awesome, like said above as a "flea bomb" so to speak. But it is not a preventative. Comfortis is a once a month pill. I stick with the Advantage........

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
We give it to all incoming animals at work that have live fleas, followed by Cestex (for cats) and Revolution. I want to say you are suppose to give it a few days later as well, but now can't find any information to back it up.

Upendi&Mina

Mainstreme Elitist
I used it on Dobby when I found him because he had fleas something terrible. The capstar killed all the fleas
on him much faster than waiting for his frontline would have.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
My dogs and cats are on Frontline year round since Runt and Sally both have really bad flea allergies. We recently used it in Sally when I found a flea on her despite being up to date on Frontline. It wasn't cheap but not awful either...

Members online

No members online now.