Fostering

Hello everyone! Is/and or has fostered a dog? Please tell me your stories. My mom wants to foster a dog. I think its a wonderful for the dog and it will give my puppy Barley to socialize more.

PAWZ

Agility Junkie
First kudos to your mother for wanting to help a shelter/rescue dog. I have been a foster home for a border collie rescue group for 4 years now. Let me say there is little more rewarding than seeing a dog that has been abused, frightend, or just plain neglected come out of his or her shell and realize its ok to be a dog again.

bubbatd

I've fostered for our Golden Rescue .....very rewarding . Hard to let them go , but not to a loving family .

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist
We have fostered before. Like those before me have said its rewarding and usually pretty cool to have a foster in the house. We don't foster anymore though cause it is so hard saying goodbye lol.

Jessica E

I love to foster, I like to take pregnant dogs and let them have their puppies at my house. It is had work but very rewarding in the end. But sometimes it is hard to see them go.

RD

Are you dead yet?
I've fostered before, and currently have a (failed) foster from my local shelter. :)

It's rewarding, but it's trying as well. Be sure you're ready for another dog, because a foster is going to keep your hands full!

Members online