Dogs can Laugh?!!

bubbatd

I had a female Golden who was a clown and always playing jokes on us. I would watch her take he feeding bowl and cover it up with snow.....at supper time when I went to gather the bowls ( 4 at that time ) her's was no where in sight ....I'd say where's your bowl and she's make a big deal of finding it and then laugh and laugh in her own way.!! Was so cute. She did this with toys sometimes too.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Does anybody else notice that thier dogs talk with the way they wag their tail..slapping against the floor harder and with different rythms..i know the "your Most welcome in our home new nice person..or haappyy to see you haven't seen you for a long time....is hard and rapid..there are subtle changes too..mary does alot of communicating that way. So did Bronki.

Oh, mine do that a lot! When Shiva and/or Kharma have been naughty, they'll lower those tails, curling up the last five inches or so and wagging that little bit like mad. They all do the slow, wide wag that's level with their backs, sometimes hitting themselves in the side, when they're particularly contented. When they are friendly but wary of someone/something new, their tails are carried high over their backs and wag slowly, lowering and increasing in velocity as the new person/whatever is accepted.

I've always said if you'll listen to the tail of a dog you'll have a better idea of what might be getting ready to happen. The front of a dog will bluff; the rear end never lies.

bubbatd

Right on Renee.....it always amazes me the you think the dog's asleep, but if you make a comment to yourself or even think something that tail will thump !! Speaking of tails, Bubba taught Chip how to bang against the wall with his tail if he needed to go out.....Took only 2 days when I first got him. First 2 days Bubba did it , then Chip got the idea.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
My all time favorite is what i call the baby wiggle..the little pups do their tails a certain way when the milk lets down...When i would pull my Big baby bronki up (all 80 lbs) into the rocking chair with me..he would tuck his head under my chin and his tail did the exact same thing..guess it would be the mommy wiggle.

The Filas add a new dimension to tail talk. Their tails also work like cat tails, even to sinuously curving around your hand when you stroke it, or around your leg when they rub against your legs - exactly like a cat does. The tips will quiver when they drop slightly into that cat-like crouch when stalking too, and at times they twitch and switch a bit during sleep. I guess they're bi-lingual, lol!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
add to vocabulary..Mary's rapid (and got uncomfortable against my leg while i pretended i didn't know about it) I KNOW YOUR AWAKE>>HUG ME wag.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
:) you too are getting quite fond of each other...and learning so much about each other as well..makes my heart happy

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
I know sunny laughs but sometimes I have the distinct feeling it is AT me and not WITH me :rolleyes: I suppose I deserve it sometimes, after I am running around the backyard like a crazy thing going "comeon SUNNY come and GET ME!!!! WHEEEE!!!"haha, yeah I deserve it :D

Ash47

Taco Dog
I agree with the tail thumping theory. Very cute when they do that :p But yesterday, Brandon and I took Roxy Mae over to my grandparents' house to play with their Staffie, Butthead. Yes, please give me no grief over the name LOL. Anyway, Butthead was lying down and Roxy frolicked over to her in a Chihuahua manner. Butthead did this funny noise that sounded like a laughing pattern. It was adorable. Roxy Mae just kinda cocked her head like, "What did I do??" LOL

Members online

No members online now.