secret question

Doberluv

Is it the same for everybody? Do you have to answer a secret question on every post you make? I take it that was done to lessen some of the spam...the bots?

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Different question every time. Everyone has to answer them.

Yes, it has severely cut down the amount of spam. That and new members' first 10 posts go to moderation.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I for one would like to see them go away, moderation / secret questions for the first 10 posts would be plenty to combat spam IMHO.

I also think that older members should have been exempt from the questions.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
I do wish that not all members had to answer the question every time we post. I think it's safe to say if you've been here five years and have got over 10,000 posts, you're probably not going to be spamming the board.

But, it's cut down drastically on the spam, and it was totally unfair the mods had to be battling that constantly, so if this is the solution, I'm cool. :)

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Yes but when on a computer, it's a pain in the ass to be honest. I also use tapatalk when I am on my phone ... But when I am on the computer; it's a pain. I also agree that if you have a certain number I posts or reach a certain number that you should be exempt from the questions

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I must be the only person who couldn't care less.... It doesn't even take 3 seconds. 2?!

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I must be the only person who couldn't care less.... It doesn't even take 3 seconds. 2?!
Me, too. I mean, if they were hard it would he annoying. But is water wet? All you have to do is type a three letter word. Not too hard. I do it out of instinct now. Don't even notice it.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
The secret question doesn't bother me, what bothers me is when I'm redirected to a captcha from Cloudfare (I think that's it, Cloud-something, anyway). That does take a while because I have to reload until it's something I can read.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
The secret question doesn't bother me, what bothers me is when I'm redirected to a captcha from Cloudfare (I think that's it, Cloud-something, anyway). That does take a while because I have to reload until it's something I can read.
I've never had that happen? Is it a browser thing?

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
I don't know. This is from a screen cap.
It happens completely irregularly, like I might not have it happen for 10 posts, but then it pops up three times in a row. I'm using Firefox on my desktop. It only happens on Chaz, no other sites.
The page mentions malware, but I have a whole computer scan done every 24 hours, and it's coming up clean.
:confused:

Members online

No members online now.