Updates on Lady

Gijora

For those who don't know Lady this thread may help :)

Lady went to the vet today - my sister took her, and then called me at school to let me know.

She is very healthy, heartworm negative, and is now utd on shots.

Unfortunatly she has a bump on her left back leg. My sister thinks its a callouse / cist. It doesn't bother her, and she didn't notice when he was messing with it. The vet said she may be right, but we have to keep an eye on it just in case its a foreign body or a tumor :( which we all doubt

She also has a embilical hernia that also does not bother her. They want to remove it when we get her spayed. The estimate cost for the spay and the hernia repair is about $280 including anestisia and pain meds afterwards

Does this sound like a good price, or should we call around to different vets?

Also, the vet said that she looks like she is 4-6yrs old, and has Belgain Shepherd in her - Malinois ??

He said that would explain some of her behavior, her drive, her build, ect.
Not that it matters, but I was just wondering if you guys agree or not. I'll ask my sister to get some better pics later

Gijora

this pic looks a lot like her in the face. its kind of spooky lol
(sorry to double post. I couldn't get it to edit anymore :p)

What a pretty girl she is. Dont have any advice but congradulations & thanks for adopting her.

I will say spay/neuter differs from place to place. Spay/neuter is pretty cheap here in my part of the country as to compared to other places. Someone on another board said they had to pay $300+ for just a neuter.

$280 sounds pretty reasonable though if they have to remove a hernia as well

I paid almost $200 for Bear to be neutered. that included the pain meds and all. If they have to remove the hernia too, it sounds very resonable.

Members online

No members online now.