Um how do I clean this?

SarahFair

I am about to move and have a 55 gallon and a 10 gallon aquairum. Well they havent had any fish in them for a little while. Welll I know this is nasty but they still have the water in them but you try and clean a tank with a 14 month old child hanging on your leg and crying and the weekends have just been hecktic!
I need to know how to clean this mass amount of rocks quickly and easily.
Any ideas?

~Tucker&Me~

Errr... Can't you just put your kid in his crib :D?
LOL
I can't think of any quick way to clean them... Will you be setting this tank up again or is it down for good?

~Tucker

SarahFair

GOD putting him in his crip would set not only him off but me also..
I couldnt take that screaming while I am doing an already frustraiting job..
But I will be putting it up agian other wise Id just throw them out..
I have a vaccume but that doesnt seem to get down to the nitty gritty..

P

Purdue#1

Are you just wanting to clean the gravel in the tank or wanting to take them out and clean them?

~Tucker&Me~

What type of filter do you have? If you have a sponge filter, you can stir up the gravel and much of the 'grossness' will be sucked up.

~Tucker

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
What we did with our aquariums in just took huge buckets and dumped out as much water as we could (till it was almost empty) then took it outside. Now, if you are planning on keeping the gravel you can wash it out in a strainer and put it in a seperate container than once all the gravel is out you can dump the rest of the water out and clean the aquarium with a paper towel (no soap that is very bad and even if it's rinsed out it can still stick in the glass). That is how me and my husband cleaned our 29 gallon out the two times that we moved. Once you move you can than set it back up and add water and let it cycle.

Members online

No members online now.