Getting a Malamute puppy!!!!!!!

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Well if you have seen my post on the breeds board you would know that have been looking into getting a Alaskan Malamute puppy. Well I have been thinking about this for a year considering the pro's and cons of throwing a Mal in with my Huskies and Chinooks and i have decided i would. I have heard many other peoples experiences and thinking back on my parents i feel i can handle a malamute puppy right now I have the time and money to put into training a new puppy.

Anyways I have been kind of aimlessly looking in the newspaper and magazine just seeing if any ad's caught my eye and to see if they were in my price range. Well I finally did a couple a town away who breed and raise and Show Alaskan Malamutes. I have talked to the guy who's name is Gary and he told me that his dogs are health tested and worked with for him to even consider breeding them much like myself. I went out this afternoon to see the puppies who are 5 weeks old and i got to see the parents as well and also got to see their medical records so far. Its pretty impressive stuff and im invited to go to the pups next check up. I told Gary I would most likely buy one of his puppies if it all worked out. And so he pulled out a short contract explaining and that held on to whatever puppy i was interested and it pretty much means the pup will not be considered for anyone else until I make my desision which is expected to be after this vet visit. Pretty complicated but hey if i get a good pup out of this.

I picked out a black and white masked male they call blue boy. He's nicely formed and he's one of the biggest out of the bunch and so he's the one but only if he pass's his vet check the way i want.

Ah Im getting a puppy!!!!!!

Congrats! And you're not fooling us a bit with that air of professional-type reserve - you're excited about him and you're in love with him too . . . :D

I fostered a female Malamute for about a month and cried like a baby when I found the perfect home for her, even though I knew she would be loved so much and have two little boys who loved dogs to play with. I'd have kept her but she and my German Shepherd, who was about 11 at the time, just hated each other and it wouldn't have been fair to him to keep her. She was an absolute love, and I named her Ananda, roughly translated as "the joy without which the universe would collapse." Her new home had a twin bed on the screened in porch (although she spent most of her time in the house or out in the fenced yard playing with the boys) and big stoneware bowls with her name on them waiting for her when I took her to the family - a single mom with an eight and ten year old boy. Those Malamutes just have a way of grabbing your heart.

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
lol your right I am so excited :) . I can't wait to get my new baby home

Aw I love Ananda's meaning of her same so great

Members online