How much....

Taqroy

I think the yearly exam costs about $60...but we haven't had one in almost a year so I can't say for sure. :p Mu's spay cost $120. If we just have to go in and get shots or the bordatello boosters the only charge is for the shot, there's no office visit fee. When Murphy got into a bunch of Rimadyl and had to get all kinds of bloodwork done I think it cost $250 and it should have cost about double that. There are about 4 different vets at the place I go to and I haven't got a bad one yet. The one who tested Murph for me was super awesome and very understanding (I was freaking out and started crying when I found out nothing was wrong with him).

Scooter

$49 to walk in the door. I don't mind that, but it annoys me to pay it when we are doing follow up calls to an injury or illness when she's already been treated and the vet is just "checking" on her. The last time we were in her office for less than 2 minutes. I felt a little ripped off.

gecko_mom

Cata what?
Our office visit fee is $37. Vaccines are usually $22-24, but if you are just getting vaccines, we don't charge the office fee - same thing for dr. requested rechecks.

Dog neuters regardless of age/breed are $120. Spays start at $165 and go up for larger/obese/more difficult spays.

I had to take one of my geckos to a vet in a diff. city. His office visit fee was $65, so now I have no sympathy when people call me and whine about the $37!

And to walk into the after hours emergeny clinic is $89.

$54 for an exam which I thought was high but compared to what other vets charge across the country this is mid range. Vaccs are about $15-20.
I have no idea what a normal spay/neuter costs. Just spent $686 for a Chriptorchid neuter.

Maxy24

For Willie's (cat) wellness exam, rabies, and distemper shot is cost $147. If Phoebe gets a dental it'll cost somewhere in the $300 range.

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
60-70 to walk in the door. Get recharged that for a check up for the same problem even if it's a minute long visit.

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
$25 for the visit/exam... and they practice holistic remedies, too!

My old Vet (completely traditional) started charging $80 just to walk in. I was like, seeee yaaaa!!!

Xandra

I have two vets -- one for surgeries, and one for vaccines/basic check-ups. I think the latter charges about $40 for a routine exam, plus whatever price a vaccine is if they need one. He often charges us less though since we've been seeing him forever and we have multiple dogs. The other vet (the one we use for surgical procedures) charges about a $60 fee everytime you walk through the door... nevermind an exam or any treatment. But he's well worth it.
We have the same kinda deal going.

If it's just routine or "easy" stuff whoever's convenient... last time I took Roman in it was 150 or something? For exam and shots and flea stuff (which we didn't need).

For our rabbits or anything bad we have an expensive vet who's a long ways away, but he's a good vet.

Saeleofu

We charge about $40 for an exam (other than annual exam), $37 for an annual exam, and less for rechecks. Vaccines are $15-$25 depending on which vaccine it is. Fecal is 20 something. Heartworm test is $28? Exotic exams are a little more.

A dog spay is in the $300-$400 range, but that's including the surgery, an overnight stay, fluids, meds (both premeds and meds to take home), pre-op ECG (and monitoring throughout surgery), and bloodwork (anything from baseline kidney/liver/electrolytes to a full panel with CBC and clotting profile, depending on the animal). A neuter is a little less. Cats are also a little less.

Ear crops are around $800 - $1200, but I think we've done maybe 1 in 4 years...and maybe we never even ended up doing it.

Dentals are also in the $300-$400 range, also including all the surgery stuff like the spay. More if there are a lot of extractions.

Meds vary a lot of course. My parent's dog just got a course of antibiotics that were $44 for 10 days (20 pills...that is how much it costs to buy it from the distributor, no markup). If I would have had to pay full cost, it would have been around $100 just for the meds, plus the exam. That was Baytril. Cephalexin is substantially cheaper xD

$40 for the boys to be seen. It was about $35 for the titer for Argon last year, and about $25 for his heartworm check.
It's almost $175 to walk into our emergency clinic, I've been there twice. Someone better be hemoraging out a major orifice or have a urinary blockage before we go there.

Members online

No members online now.