How often do you eat out?

k9krazee

Used to be 5-6x per week going to a restaurant, especially in the summer when we can walk to the backyard patio with the dog and have a nice meal. We live two blocks from Main Street where we have 7+ restaurants. We know the owners, the regulars & the bartenders. If they don't see is fur awhile they start to worry :p

At the moment we're actively trying to save money (and eat better) so we treat ourselves 1-2x a week. We still don't keep food in our fridge* and don't make meals at home.

Michiyo-Fir

Actually I'm absolutely terrible. Because of the amount of time I spend per week between commuting and 2 jobs plus school full time, if I don't eat out, I don't eat anything at all.

So I eat out once a day or sometimes once every other day but rarely rarely do I not eat out in 3 days in a row.

AmandaNola

Wanna Pet My Wiener?
As in to a sit down place/take out place? Maybe 3-5 times a year unless I'm traveling. To grab lunch at McDonalds or something? Once or twice a week when I run errands.

joce

At least once a week. Really just depends what's going on. This last week has been moving hay and working on our yard and a neighbors- ate out a lot!

Going out to dinner is also generally where we get to catch up with friends. We meet in the middle somewhere.

nikkiluvsu15

Wild At Heart
For me, it really depends. Generally, however, we eat out on Wednesday and/or Sunday after church gets out. Some weeks we only do one day, some we do neither (like this past week).

Other than that, I really try not to eat out much (mainly because I don't want to spend my money:lol-sign:). Lately I've been bringing my lunch to work (either sandwich or leftovers) and if I don't remember my lunch, I usually just don't eat anything.

On the nights I have class, I get home around 10:45 pm and it really depends what I do for supper those nights. If my mom cooked I usually just wait and eat when I get home. If not, I might stop for food but not usually.

I will say that usually on Tuesday (and sometimes Thurday), I go out to eat for lunch with my mom.... but she always buys it:p

Dagwall

On average I go out to lunch 1-2 times a week, grab fast food or carry out dinner maybe once a week. Go out to a nice sit down restaurant maybe every 3-4 months not counting vacations.

Lyzelle

Oh, good, so I wasn't the only one. :rofl1:
I was thinking "not often enough." :rofl1:
Srsly.

Lately we've eaten out couple times a week just because it's cheaper. Now we're getting back into the groove of making big meals and saving them.

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Man, I was trying to search for a similar thread before making this one... Glad nothing bad came up :p you guys are just as bad as I am.

Saeleofu

A 300 pound man weighs how many pounds?
:rofl1:

I actually ate out twice today. It's cold, I'm in a bad mood because it's cold, and I want a hot meal dammit. I got lunch at McDonald's and it was glorious. Then before I went horseback riding my mom said they're eating out tonight, so I stopped at Spangles and got a Classic American meal. It's awesome because it's a burger and fries and a drink AND A MUDSLIDE for $5. But derp, it's ice cream, and I'm already cold. It was good, but it was kind of pointless.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I'm much better than I used to be! My vice is when I've worked 10-13 hours and I'm driving home and tired. I generally don't eat out though, I stop and get a frozen pizza or something, which I view as essentially the same thing.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that wasn't thinking about food at first. lol :rofl1:

I only eat out maybe once a week if that. I try to make healthy meals at home.

RottenFlower

rotties are my kryptonite
More north of south, but more south of north.
We go to a sit down restaurant maybe once every 3ish months or so.

Fast food is a crapshoot... I ate fast food twice already this week, but before that, it had been a couple of weeks.

I am trying to plan ahead and make our meals for the week on Sundays; I have been making two, and then we can have a sandwich or something to supplement if we need to. We'll see how long that keeps up. It's been two weeks so far... but last week, we only made one meal, and my OH made it.

Oko

Silence, peasants.
1x a week maybe? Depends on if I travel on the weekend. Although eating out is like...eating premade from whole foods. Does that count as out?

milos_mommy

So far this week dinner at my house has been Taco Bell, Wendy's, Italian food at an actually nice restaurant, McDonald's. today BF and I had panera bread for lunch.

Does anyone else live with a family that eats like this, and how do you break the habit?

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
So far this week dinner at my house has been Taco Bell, Wendy's, Italian food at an actually nice restaurant, McDonald's. today BF and I had panera bread for lunch.

Does anyone else live with a family that eats like this, and how do you break the habit?
My parents are like this.
It helps a lot when you discover gluten makes you sick and it becomes really difficult to eat at restaurants, especially fast food places. =P Suddenly not only is it "man, so much fast food, this is probably not good for me" but "if I eat that I'm going to lose at least an hour of my evening being stuck in the bathroom. Let me not eat that."

I've been cooking my own dinners since I was in high school though... I rarely wanted to eat the same stuff my parents were eating, so as soon as I could cook for myself, I did. So what they eat has been irrelevant to what I eat for a looooong time. It's just even more so now, because even when they get takeout, it's rarely anything I can eat safely.

Toller_08

Lately, too much. Whenever I am out with one of my friends it seems we stop somewhere for breakfast and/or lunch because we're hungry and are usually out most of the day doing dog stuff. I've also gone out for dinner at restaurants several times in the last couple of months with people. And I've been bad and have been buying most of my lunches since we moved in July. I just don't like cooking or doing anything in that house, and I won't buy food cause I know others will eat it before I get a chance unless I hide it, so buying Subway before work in the morning became my new thing. I've eaten out so much that I am actually tired of it haha. And don't want to see another Subway sandwich for a year. I used to love eating out because it was a novelty, but now I crave normal home-cooked food. Not to mention that it's slowly making me go broke lol. It adds up!

Normally I try not to eat out very often. Prior to this summer, I ate out maybe once a month... and even that was rare. I only went to restaurants like three times a year too. I need to get back into that habit.

Staff online

Members online