News flash about Amira and something that upset me >:(

nicco

Wolfpack
Hi guys,just wanted to let you know that I went to the vet with Amira because she has a swelling on her throat ( I told you about it)...And she had a puncture (she was so good...she didn't say anything..such a good girl.. ;) ) and I took the blood to the analyses laborator and we should be getting the result tomorrow morning...The vet wrote in the referral that she might be suspected of something about the thyroid.And if it's that...we'll have to operate her... :( Well...

And after that I thought I'd take her to the echography also...just for a check...And the vet found a very "beautiful" gastritis and something (6 mm thick) on her spleen *sigh*...he told me to come again in 2 weeks to see how that thing will develope.He said that maybe it is nothing...but he doesn't bet on that....Hope it's nothing seriouse...I don't like to know that Amira is sick...I don't know why she has gastritis...WHY DO DOGS GET GASTRITIS? :eek:

And because that wasn't enough...I had a not so great "match" with some people because of Amira...
I went with her to the vet by bus.On our way there, no one said anything..But on our way back (it was really hot outside...and I was mad that the bus wasn't arriving),we got on the bus when it arrived and it was just a little crowded.

And we set in the back of the bus near the door...A woman with a 4-5 year old child was sitting and Amira was pretty close to her.And she touched that boy's leg just a little with her back...And that boy started to cry because he was afraid of Amira...And his mother told me to go a little further with the dog.I really didn't have anywhere to go.It wasn't room...MAN,I was standin on the bus's stairs...And I told her I didn't have anywhere to go...

After a little while Amira touched that boy again (with her back,may I remind you that she was facing me and her back was near that boy) and that boy started to scream again and his mother freaked and yelled at me to go further and she PUSHED AMIRA.I couldn't believe that she touched my dog..she pushed her.

And of course I freaked out!!!And told her that I didn't hit her child and why did she hit my dog?And she told me that her child was scared.And then I told her "If you are stupid and tought your child to be scared of dogs...that's why he cries".And she started to yell more.And then some people jumped to her defence and yelled at me that I wasn't allowed with my dog in the bus.

I couldn't believe it.I REALLY AM ALLOWED.I know for a fact from a ticket collector, but I have to have a muzzle.I did have a muzzle with me but I didn't put it on Amira's snout coz she has that swelling on her throat and she couldn't breath properly especially that is that hot outside...
I can't believe how turned against dogs are some people..most of them...Really...I'm shocked
But now I'm upset because of Amira.I don't give a **** about those people...

*sigh*

Kisses and wishing all of you well
Nicco

What do you feed Amira? Just curious what the meat to vegetable content is.

That must have sucked to be on a bus full of people coming down on you. I probablly would have gone off and ended up with transit police thumping on me with night sticks. I dont like strangers being close to me. I wont even go to a movie theater until I know that the movie I'm going to see has lost popularity and I wont have to sit next to a stranger.

Guess what, Nicco . . . we don't give a **** about those people either! We're much more concerned with you and Amira. And you were right in what you told the woman - honestly, why do some people teach their children to be afraid? Don't they have enough ways to ruin their kids' childhoods without that :rolleyes:

Keep us posted on what you find out about Amira; you know we will be worried about her.

It's kind of sad that people are teaching their children to be afraid of dogs....it's too bad they don't know that Amira is a big sweetheart.

Hope Amira feels better soon!

Im really sorry those horrible people gave you a hard time on the bus. I hate people who cant imagine what its like for the dog to be on a bus crowded with people, and having a go at you, I would have flown of the handle at them too, how dare they push amira. I hope she feels better soon.

nedim

Sorry to hear about how bad your day went. I hope Amira gets better soon. As for the busload of $hitheads, dont worry about it. They dont know you or Amira and they dont know either of your true characters.

nicco

Wolfpack
thanks guys!you're great!my mom scold me...she sais that I shouldn't lower myself and get into arguments with those people...I guess she's right...I'm really trying to control myself...but if anybody offends my dog or even HIT her I go nuts!!!!I was so mad I was shaking...really...

What do you feed Amira? Just curious what the meat to vegetable content is.
I feed her buiscuits in the morning (but now it's BIOMILL for adult sensitive dogs) and in the afternoon boiled rice with veggies (carrots) and cow meat...

Some people are just stupid. I've come acrossed people would have said to their little kids wanting to pet Princess "stay way from that dog, he'll bite you". Ticks me off everytime I hear that! I hope Amira gets better soon.

Someone hitting your dog for no reason may fall under animal cruelty. That charge packs a serious punch even if they get off its enough to have them scared of jail time. In todays law ridden society thats about the only recourse you have that wouldnt get you into serious trouble. If someone hit my dog I hope I would have the presence of mind to follow the legal route even though I seriously disagree with it.

If it was me who pulled that dumb stunt of hitting someones dog that didnt bite me, the anguish I would have over waiting months to go to court and have the worry of being nailed with potentially a max penalty of animal cruelty would be 100X worse than a good ole country butt kickin

Richie12345

Everybody's probably going to hate me when I say this, and I havn't read any replies... but
"If you are stupid and tought your child to be scared of dogs...that's why he cries"

That is a big no no... Ofcourse it was wrong of her to push your dog, but you just gave her more reason to be mad at you... I would have been polite, maybe then the crowd of people in the bus would have been on your side... but you said it doesn't matter because you don't care... hopefully your dog will be alright

showpug

I am so sorry to hear about Amira. It is so painful when something is wrong and you don't have all the answers. Trust me, I have been through it a hundred times...talk about sleepless nights :( I wish her well, poor baby.

On another note, I am so sorry people treated her badly on the bus, especially when she was feeling ill. No sweet dane deserves that type of treatment. They are so loving and gentle. I find more often than not, that parents teach children to fear dogs through their own actions OR, they don't teach their kids to ask before petting or to respect other people's dogs. Drives me crazy....it's two extreme ends of the spectrum with no middle ground. Both of my sister-in-laws have taught their children to fear and act irrational around dogs. The other day one of them came for a visit along with her husband and son. I brought our wolfhound/mastiff cross puppy out for a visit and she started yelling at her husband to pick-up their son immediatkey because the dog is at face level :eek: Are you kidding me? He was flopped over for a belly rub, not to mention he was only 4 months old....far from vicious!!! No wonder her son freaks out whenever he sees a dog OR puppy! So sad :(

nicco

Wolfpack
richie..as I said after that...I know I should have controled myself...but SHE PUSHED AMIRA.If someone messes with my dog he messes with me.I go nuts if somebody sais something bad or hurt amira....I don't think straight in those moments...and it's very hard to answer politely when you have in front of you somebody that will never understand doggie love...
You would understand if you had a dog Richie...

Members online

No members online now.