uggh! hair every where

peta

Crazy about Kelpies
Does any one have any advise? Please!!!!
I have a "short" haired dog - he is an Australian kelpie and he sheds and sheds and sheds. He is an indoor dog and the hair through my house is driving me crazy! i brush him every day with a slicker brush and get tonnes of hair out of him but still there is mountain loads fo hair through my house. It is summer here at the moment but hte seasons dont really make alot of difference, i always have a hairy house :(

Any advise would be appreciated.

Peta and "Hurricane" Harry

Corgi_Mom23

You know you love me!
Have you considered options that aren't grooming related? It could possibly be the food he's eating. It could also be an allergy to something that's causing the excess shedding. I would say to speak with your vet about those possiblities.

Also, dry using a skin moisturizing shampoo or Shed stoping shampoo. Regular bathing with either of these followed by a good brushing should replenish dry or damaged skin (and coats). Also the bathing will help loosen dead hairs that may be clinging for dear life!

I know my corgi get's his best after a bath.

Hope some of this helps!

peta

Crazy about Kelpies
Thanks for your thoughts, i will look in to the shampoos to see if this can help. HE does get bathed regularly and has a lovely glossy coat so it doesnt seem that he is lacking in anything but i will try anything!!
:D

Peta

cata.m

i always have problems with Lorenzo´s hair....it´s not the food, is just the way it is..... what i do is put on a latex glove, and then i try to take all the loosen hair....i finished tired as hell, but it´s a lot less hair in my bed afterwards...
:D:D

Tracey0073

Short haired dogs loose an awful lot of hair the secret is bathing and brushing the hair, you can get a rubber grooming mitt that will take the hair out it has nothing to do with diet the best brush I can recommend is a slicker brush that will do the trick

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
There's something to be said for long haired dogs. At least when they are in shed, you can see the tumbling tumbleweeds floating around on the floor and pick them up easily. No sneaky short hairs pinching your butt on the couch.

Melissa_W

There's something to be said for long haired dogs. At least when they are in shed, you can see the tumbling tumbleweeds floating around on the floor and pick them up easily. No sneaky short hairs pinching your butt on the couch.
Exactly! The little tumbleweeds (that's what we call them too) are easy to pick up and you can go longer between vacuumings.... which is my goal in life. ;) :D

Members online

No members online now.