The Venting Thread

Saeleofu

Apparently my Flickr account name is being "recycled" because it's been inactive for an "extended period of time." WTF? I just uploaded stuff at the end of July/early August (Gavroche's bday pics). That's not an extended period of time!

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Have you recently changed birth controls? Since I've started a different pill I will get period related breast pain.
Nope. I haven't been on birth control since Hannah was born and I know i am not pregnant. This is MUCH different than any achey breasts, period pain, pregnancy pain or lactating pain. This is a very specific, localized pain that comes with a discharge. I have never experienced this kind
Of issue.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Rawr. Last week I was told I needed to go into work early today - they wanted me there at 12:30 instead of my usual 2:00. To meet with some HR person. Fine. So I get all my mumbo jumbo done this morning and at noon I get a phone call "oh hey actually don't come in until 1:30." Okay fine, I have an extra hour to kill. So I get there at 1:30 and then I'm told "well nevermind the HR lady has to actually leave like, right now, so you didn't need to come in early. So you can just hang out now." Whyyyy.

It's only an extra half hour but my entire morning was planned around my needing to leave 1.5 hours early! I could've slept in a little more.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Nope. I haven't been on birth control since Hannah was born and I know i am not pregnant. This is MUCH different than any achey breasts, period pain, pregnancy pain or lactating pain. This is a very specific, localized pain that comes with a discharge. I have never experienced this kind
Of issue.
Is it possible to get mastitis without lactating? Maybe that's what it could be? I also get "period breasts" and they can be quite sore, swollen and painful to the
Touch.

But obviously you're intuition tells you this isn't normal (for you) so perhaps a doctor visit might be in order? Can never be too cautious

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Is it possible to get mastitis without lactating? Maybe that's what it could be? I also get "period breasts" and they can be quite sore, swollen and painful to the
Touch.

But obviously you're intuition tells you this isn't normal (for you) so perhaps a doctor visit might be in order? Can never be too cautious
It is possible... Not common but possible.

I am in the waiting room at the doctors right now so hopefuly I will have some answers soon.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Doc is pretty sure that it was a cyst in the milk duct and that it probably burst. The discomfort is less today so she thinks it's going to get better on it's own but she gave me a referral for an ultrasound in the breast if it's not better by Friday.

I love my doctor. She is so kind. She said that she knows that when something like that happens you always have that voice in the back of your mind that says what if it's the big C. So she really made sure to ease my worries :)

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Ouch. Bursting cysts are no fun... but at least they do go away on their own most of the time. I hope you feel better soon and don't need the ultrasound!

Ouch, that doesnt sound like fun at all...but glad you have an answer at least.

I did get mastitis once...it was awful. Went from feeling fine to holy crap sicker than I have ever felt in my life in a matter of hours. Took me a bit to figure out it was mastitis (well when went to shower and saw the huge red streaks I realized it for sure) because I was hardly nursing at that point. Cian was almost 4 and we were down to just a bit before bed.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
I'm having a hard day today. I'm very sad about Kiwi, I miss him a lot. I've pretty much spent the day doing chores, listening to Christmas music in a vain attempt to cheer myself up, sweating because I have the heat up to 80* for Pickles, and crying. I really want DH home, I miss him and I need a shoulder to cry on.

Sally and Runt both decided that they needed to have massive allergy attacks this week too, so I'm taking them both in this afternoon to our dog and cat vet (which should just be a blast), then have to take Pickles back into the bird vet to be weighed. I'm worried she will have lost weight. She will climb down to where the food is in the cage to eat her veggies, but will only eat her kibble if I hold the bowl for her. She is bothered by the cover that I have on three sides of the cage, but it has to be there to keep the heat in.

This would just be much easier to deal with if DH were home. :(

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I'm sorry you are feeling so down and then having to deal with the dog allergies on top of that. Ugh.

I hope pickles put on some weight for you and I'm glad to hear she's doing a little better.

(((HUGS)))

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
I'm sorry you are feeling so down and then having to deal with the dog allergies on top of that. Ugh.

I hope pickles put on some weight for you and I'm glad to hear she's doing a little better.

(((HUGS)))
Thank you, I needed that!

Luckily I did see Pickles climb down on her own and eat some of her kibble! I never thought I'd be so excited to see a bird eat.

In other news I had to bathe the cat. Cat is not impressed. The cats are also going to have to stay in the bathroom for a bit until DH is able to hang a door on the room that Pickles is recovering in. Cats carry things that can make birds sick and our regular bird room is totally off limits to le kitties. DH is going to be less than impressed when he gets home too....

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I don't like having mixed emotions.
I would prefer all of my emotions to be singular and very straight-forward.

I AM HAPPY ABOUT THIS THING.
I AM GLAD TO DO THIS.
I DO NOT LIKE THAT.

It would really make my life a lot easier. Of course, right now everything seems to just be tinged with a lot of suck. Even the good stuff. YOU LIKE THIS THING? EXCEPT IT SORT OF SUCKS DOESN'T IT? YEAH. BECAUSE LIFE SUCKS.

Also why are people socially dense. No, as it happens, I do not want you in my life anymore. That's why we are no longer Facebook friends and I don't talk to you anymore. Because you're kind of a bitch and your passive-aggressive stabs at me aren't appreciated. Bye-bee.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
First world problems vent ahoy:

The way my bedroom is set up, the vent is in the worst spot. No matter where I put my bed, it blocks off the vent. Therefore, my bedroom is consistently colder than the rest of the house.

The past two days have been particularly cold in Ottawa, and it will only be getting colder. Last night I felt like I was camping outdoors. It was that cold in my room.

I'm investing in a space heater but I'm kinda mad that I have to use one in the first place. Poor vent placement = AUGH.

Maybe I'll just buy a wool blanket and adult footie PJs instead. :D

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I don't like having mixed emotions.
I would prefer all of my emotions to be singular and very straight-forward.

I AM HAPPY ABOUT THIS THING.
I AM GLAD TO DO THIS.
I DO NOT LIKE THAT.

It would really make my life a lot easier. Of course, right now everything seems to just be tinged with a lot of suck. Even the good stuff. YOU LIKE THIS THING? EXCEPT IT SORT OF SUCKS DOESN'T IT? YEAH. BECAUSE LIFE SUCKS.
^ THIS. SO much this. Mixed emotions shouldn't even be an option. Although then I don't know if I would be happier with no bad thoughts clouding my good mood, or just be completely and totally depressed as nothing 100% good has happened lately.

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty

The way my bedroom is set up, the vent is in the worst spot. No matter where I put my bed, it blocks off the vent. Therefore, my bedroom is consistently colder than the rest of the house.

The past two days have been particularly cold in Ottawa, and it will only be getting colder. Last night I felt like I was camping outdoors. It was that cold in my room.

I'm investing in a space heater but I'm kinda mad that I have to use one in the first place. Poor vent placement = AUGH.

Get a heated blanket :)

We have trouble with that too... our bedroom is always a bit cold in winter.

I have footed pajamas. They have sock monkeys

Members online

No members online now.