Frustration FAIL

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
LOL I suck

I've been stuck waiting around the house all day for a delivery from Best Buy. We were told that we would get a call the morning of delivery to let us know what time they would be around.

It's not 2 pm and I haven't heard anything. their window for delivery is 7 am to 7 pm. That to me is unacceptable. you can't expect people to sit around and wait for twelve hours.

i didn't get a phone call so around noon I called the 1-800 number and a helpful lady called someone else and said it was going to be delivered around 1:30 and that I would get a phone call a half an hour before they got here.

it's now 2 pm and I haven't even gotten the phone call saying theya re on their way.

That ticks me off.

So I fired off an email telling them just how displeased I was...

except I sent it to lowes instead of best buy LOL. In my frustration it did not occur to me that I was sending an email to a store we didn't even buy from lol

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I hate it when repair men/deliveries do that!!

Like "Oh we will come by and fix your fridge sometime between 7 am and 6 pm"

OH GEE THANKS! How the heck am I supposed to wait around all day?!

and of course the minute I was start doing something semi-productive.. they show up.

AliciaD

On second thought...
Haha, I have done that before.

Well, technically I bought 2 things, online, from different store and one withdrew and extra $75. He couldn't tell which did it so he called both and bitched them out.

Unfortunately, they are small stores that know me because I am part of their "community". :(

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
And Hannah has her Christmas pageant at school tonight at 7 so I know they are going to show up at the very END of the time frame and I won't be here and then I'll get attitude from them. pfft

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
We had our cable box start smoking on a Friday.
The couldn't come out and fix it until Tuesday.
I guess that having a cable box that could have caught fire to the house at any moment was not a high priority.

Doberluv

LOL I suck

I've been stuck waiting around the house all day for a delivery from Best Buy. We were told that we would get a call the morning of delivery to let us know what time they would be around.

It's not 2 pm and I haven't heard anything. their window for delivery is 7 am to 7 pm. That to me is unacceptable. you can't expect people to sit around and wait for twelve hours.

i didn't get a phone call so around noon I called the 1-800 number and a helpful lady called someone else and said it was going to be delivered around 1:30 and that I would get a phone call a half an hour before they got here.

it's now 2 pm and I haven't even gotten the phone call saying theya re on their way.

That ticks me off.

So I fired off an email telling them just how displeased I was...

except I sent it to lowes instead of best buy LOL. In my frustration it did not occur to me that I was sending an email to a store we didn't even buy from lol
:rofl1::rofl1::rofl1:

That really had me laughing, seriously, right out loud, coughing and sputtering too.

That is really irritating though, isn't it. Now, just send that email to Best Buy and I suppose you'll have to send Lowes another one, explaining that you sent it to the wrong people..........aw-w-w-wlllllllllll-though, you can tell them to hang onto the email in case you ever do order something from them and they pull the same crap on you as Best Buy did. Then they'll have your thoughts in advance.

I hope they come soon. If they don't at all today, doesn't that just make you want to cancel the whole thing? That is so irritating!

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
LOL I did send the email off to best buy and now that it's 3 pm I called them again and NOW the explanation I got was "that stores systems are down so they dont' ahve any ones contact information and they have no way to contact the drivers to find out what the delivery schedule is" REALLY? they have no way to talkt o ANYONE or get a hold of everyone?

But she said the drivers have all the numbers and are calling before they come out... so why aren't the drivers calling to let everyone know a time line? I said that's discouraging because it's 3 pm and I haven't even received the half an hour prior phone call yet.

Very irritating.

I emptied everything out of the freezer into coolers because the first lady said theyw ould be here around 1:30. Now I just had to go put it all back in because I have no idea WHEN they will be coming.

now I'm cold and irritated lol

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I cancelled it. I spoke to "the manager" and she was indignant about it and was like "well sometimes our guys are out until 9 pm making deliveries" REALLY so now you are telling me that it could be as late as 9 pm? absolutely not. I told her I wanted to cancel it.

15 minutes later the delivery driver called and told me I'm next in line and he would be here iwthin the hour.

Do you think that's a coincidence? I know I should have just said it was cancelled out of principal but I'd really like this freezer delivered and done with so I don't have to deal with chasing them down for a full refund etc etc. So I accepted that and told him he NEEDED to be here by 5 pm and no later or I would not be here for the delivery. he assured me he would be. I will give him the benefit of the doubt but if he's late.. it's over.

I just told Brian... I feel so empowered lol. I have been making phone calls all day and finally I went up the chain a bit (still didn't get the answer I wanted over the phone but...) and a few minutes later I get the call I've been waiting all day for lol

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I sent an email complaint in. it's written with emotion so it's filled with incorrect grammar and missing punctuation and a lot of rambling on lol but I think it makes the point

I wrote a letter previously with my disappointment with best buy and it's delivery today. I feel this warrants another letter after the experience I had in trying to deal with this issue today. I'm left as disenchanted as ever with best buy after my experience today. I called the 1-800 number and got multiple stories about what was going to happen. first person said delivery would be at 1:30 when that came and went I called back at 3 pm. That person called the store and then told me that she was told the computer system for that store was down and they couldn't contact delivery drivers or the people who ordered the items that were to be delivered today so I was just to sit and wait.
After another hour I called the local store and was directed to the warehouse facility. I spoke to a male employee and he told me that there was nothing he could do. he was nice and apologetic but I asked to speak to a manager about this just because I find this so unbelievable. I wish i remembered the managers name at the warehouse but I didn't understand what it was when she said it the first time so I didn't actually catch her name.
She was rude, dismissive and treated me like I was stupid. She told me that it's because it's christmas and they have so many deliveries that they couldn't possibly have any kind of time frame and went on to tell me that the reason the delivery driver calls 20 minutes before coming out is so people don't have to wait around all day because they DO take cell phone numbers. Sorry but 20 minutes is not enough time to get home and get the freezer emptied out so they can take it as part of the recycle program as I don't have anywhere else to keep my frozen items and I can't just let them sit out for the entire 12 hour time frame I was given.

she then said that sometimes the delivery guys were out until 8 or 9 pm making deliveries. So now it might not get here until 9 pm? That is so unacceptable I don't even know where to begin. I am NOT having a freezer delivered at 9 pm. absolutely not. She said "well you could have paid extra to get a guaranteed time" uh really because I was never given that option. She then told me that wasn't her fault but the sales associates fault. she was so dismissive that I told her I would just like to cancel the entire thing. Send it back and refund me every dime of my money.

The delivery driver called me 15 minutes later and told me he was on his way and would be here by 5 pm at the latest. I told him OK... I would wait until 5 pm and accept the delivery but if it's later than that I have to go and they can send it back and cancel my order. But after this experience I am left with doubts about EVER purchasing anything for delivery from best buy again.

I understand this time of year is busy but 12 hour time frame windows are not acceptable. people c an't just up and leave with 20 minutes notice from whatever they have to do that day. it's just RUDE and disrespectful to customers and their time.

I really am sorry that this was such a disappointing experience. it's left me with a bad taste in my mouth and little desire to deal with this again. There has to be a better system for this. We were told by the sales associate that we would be contacted the morning of delivery with a time frame for which to expect the delivery. we received no such phone call. one person I talked to at the 1-800 number told me the same thing. I did NOT receive any call or any acknowledgement that I was even getting a delivery today. I was left just sitting and waiting for hours and hours and hours and I can't imagine that I am the ONLY customer that finds this unacceptable. especially when I was led to believe that I would get a call int he morning notifying me of an approximate time and then be told later that I have to pay extra to not have my time completely wasted.

So this order did not get cancelled... I will let it go through but please know that I had every intention of getting every dime back for this. I know one sale is a drop in the bucket and after my experience today I am doubtful that anyone even cares about this one sale.
and I just got ANOTHER call from the delivery driver saying they finished and are on their way and will be here in about 15 minutes... so they are really keeping me up to date now lol

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Hooray it's here and installed and the old one taken away.

The only person that acted like they cared at all today through this whole thing was the delivery guy himself. he introduced himself, shook my hand and looked me in the eye and apologized. I think I'm going to write another little note mentioning that IF we ever order from them again... it's because of the way the driver handled the situation :)

Doberluv

Yeah, glad you finally got it. Doesn't that just beat all?!?! So....they will do you the big favor of better service IF you pay extra for it! OMG! I think that would be my last time giving them business.

This winter, I've been shopping a lot online and buying things from Cabela's and LL Bean, a few items from JC Penny's and even a few things from Walmart on line. They have been delivering these things. I might expect some kind of glitch with Walmart, but everything went smoothly, as it did with JC Penny's. And of course, no surprise to me, Cabela's and LL Bean....fantastic customer service....always. They are a pleasure to do business with. Returns at any time, for any reason are accepted with no questions asked and with graciousness...always. They're efficient, on time, polite, friendly and never make a mistake with your order. I've done business with them close to 40 years. It would be so nice if every business practiced what those people do.

Anyhow, I bet you're glad to be finished with all that.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Yes definitely glad its over and glad te freezer is in
Place because we really needed it lol. We were running an old dinosaur fridge/freeZer that was too small to hold everything and cost a fortune to run. The chest freezer looks smaller but holds more so now it looks huge in there

The delivery driver... I felt bad for him, he was probably dealing with angry people all day. He said that i was in fact supposed to get a phone call with a timeframe and NO you dont pay extra for that courtesy but no one made the nIght before phone calls so come the wnd of his shifthe had a lot of impatient people who were left in the dark

But he was kind and polite and was genuinely sorry for making me wait. I felt bad for him. He was the front line guy taking the flack for the companies screw up.

Doberluv

That's weird. I could have sworn I read something before about paying something extra for something or other. I'm loosin' it.

Yes, the drivers or installers always take the brunt of it. I had issues with Comcast. (I hate Comcast) And the installer was very nice and even said I was the 2nd person in TWO HOURS who was told he/she wouldn't be charged for something and was! They lie outright.

Well, it is nice that you finally have your freezer. I had a very large chest freezer from Sears which I left at my place in Idaho. Freezers usually last forever. I had that one since 1978 and it was still working great...just very large and I didn't need it anymore and this garage isn't very big so didn't want to take up space. But they are indeed nice to have. If I ever need one, I'll get one of those smaller sized chest freezers. I must prefer the chest style to the upright...love those baskets that you scoot around to get at things underneath. Plus, you can hold the lid open for a long time while you decide what to get out or when you're straightening it up. Since cold falls to the bottom, you don't lose any cold or waste energy. So, congrats on the new freezer.

Members online

No members online now.