Hi. Noob here.

john

Hi. I am new to the wonderful world of dogs. That's right....This is my first dog. I have had a few cats, but always wanted a GSD. So....as usual, I jumped right in without doing any research. I ended up buying my GS from what you call a "back yard breeder." I suppose that was a mistake, but as I said, I didn't do any research before I bought her.
Anyway. I have tons of questions about this dog, and I hope you can help me out.

My dogs name is Kaden, which means "female warrior."

Here is a picture.

I have three questions to start with.

1) She is almost 9 weeks old. How long does it take before her ears stand up?

2) When should she get her first shots?

3) She seems kinda small to me. Does she look small to you?

Thanks in advance.

john

I am enjoying her so far. I can't believe how smart she is. That aspect of owning a dog was totally un-expected. She already knows where I keep her food bowl, and she can't seem to sleep unless her kennel is right beside my bed. <<I hope that's a good sign.
In any case, I am looking forward to getting to know each of you. I'll post more pics and messages as she gets older.I can only hope that I learn as much from her, as I hope she learns from me.

Thanks....John~

Julie

I am back again.
john said:
Hi. I am new to the wonderful world of dogs. That's right....This is my first dog. I have had a few cats, but always wanted a GSD. So....as usual, I jumped right in without doing any research. I ended up buying my GS from what you call a "back yard breeder." I suppose that was a mistake, but as I said, I didn't do any research before I bought her.
Anyway. I have tons of questions about this dog, and I hope you can help me out.

My dogs name is Kaden, which means "female warrior."

Here is a picture.

I have three questions to start with.

1) She is almost 9 weeks old. How long does it take before her ears stand up?

2) When should she get her first shots?

3) She seems kinda small to me. Does she look small to you?

Thanks in advance.

I think it varies with the ears, I don't think you have anything to worry about yet.

She should have a vet visit now. Did the "breeder" do dewormings or give a first shot? If not she needs to be dewormed and a first shot now.

I can't tell from the picture how big she really is, I would love to see a couple more photos.

By the way welcome, You have stopped by the right place to learn lots of doggie info.

Julie.

Saje

Island dweller
Questions! I love people who ask questions. :)

The only thing I can add is that the ears my never stand up. That may be because of her breeding... my dog is a mutt and she is at least a year. Her ears will never stand up. She has tippy ears and I love them. :)

john

Ok. That's cool. I don't really care if her ears stand up. It's just that it was something I was expecting. But as I said...It doesn't matter. I still love her.

Btw. Are there any memebers here, that own GSD's, that don't have up-right ears? I would love to see the pics.

Members online

No members online now.