OK MEN...I have a laundry question for ya..

Debi

I know men can't figure out women, well you guys have some mystery too. It took me a couple decades to figure out that men can't seem to grasp the concept of the laundry hamper...maybe it's lifting the lid and all. Soooooo, I placed a laundry basket on the floor of Dave's closet. I then say 'lookie my sweetie, snookims....a place to throw your dirty clothes..and it's right on the floor to make you feel comfortable' I've just started evil laundry only to find my poor, lonely basket looking pristine in his closet......surrounded by dirty clothes. Now I must tell you that I'm gonna find the theory of them jumping out suspect. snookims will be happy he is not here at this particular moment...or unders might be wrapped around his head. Guys....what am I missing here?? Maybe it's some gravitational pull that makes men's clothes find only the floor. now...about that washcloth that is squashed into a tight little soapy ball...........................

bubbatd

Tell him everything on the floor ,he has to wash. You'll do the hamper. Then stick to it !! (maybe leave the lid open??)

I think the only chance is in getting one of those hampers that's a ring with a mesh bag on it, putting it up against an open wall, and painting the wall behind it like a basketball goal . . . :rolleyes:

Charley put his in the hamper religiously as long as it was just him and his Mom and they had someone cleaning house for them. Now????? They drop where he takes them off.

Debi

bubbatd...Dave is banned from ever doing evil laundry. I remember once long ago...I had just bought Stef new school clothes. Dave decided to be my helper....sooooo he washed.....lumped all things together...then threw things in the dryer that should have never been there. We had a nice array of doll clothes. NOT TO MENTION the time he washed all his whites with a red t shirt. YES, he wore pink socks and undies til bleach forgave him. He amazingly also did the same with a new dark green sweat shirt and whites...at least green socks and undies were a little, teeny bit more manly. Sooooooo, I bet ButtGumbo could clear this up .....where is he when I need him anyway???????????????????????????? LOL Renee...I've seen Dave play basketball......they'd still be on the floor. :)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I tried to train Aaron right..he has been doing his own laundry for 5 years now...he simplified everything by wearing only black..that is except the socks..oh do i look the other way when i see those white socks going in with all those black clothes..sighhhhh

bubbatd

LOL!!! Deb, even I've done that !! My very first wash post marriage, was in the basement of our 1st apt. There were the old Bendix washers with front closure and window. My new hubby had bought lovely maroon silk jammys for the honeymoon (hey, this was in the 50s!) . Yup, I cried as I saw my white silk new undies...back then nighties, slips, panties, etc etc get redder and redder as they churned away............being coined operated I couldn't stop it. Ah, at least it was a lesson and a memory !

bogolove

OMG! I have the hamper in the closet with the towels, so hubby has to open it to get a towel for the shower and he strips down and throws all clothes BESIDE the hamper. There is not even a TOP for him to have to LIFT on the hamper. :rolleyes:

And that brings me to another question. Do you guys not know how to close things, i.e. cabinets, sliding doors, dishwashers, drawers, etc.? :D

darkchild16

We are Home.
hey im that way and im a girl but then again im like aaron smkie black and jeans lol not much else exept sock and they go in too and they are a nice shade of grey lol never put brandnew black jeans and white socks together i found that out a week ago. but to avoid laundry for a while you buy enough jeans and everything for about 3 wks lol thats my theory. and my room is coated with clothes and a bball net wouldnt work for me now a hockey goal would lol.

gapeach

Big Mutts
At least your husband's aim for the hamper! Mine will leave a shirt here, some socks there. And what's with taking everything off inside out? And here's another pet peeve of mine: Soapy water still in the sink, all the other dishes in the dish drainer, he lays his on the counter! ARGH!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i wonder if Aaron will revert to that behavior when he doesn't have me to rant and rave anymore..so far after reading all of this i haven't done too bad of a job.

gapeach

Big Mutts
You haven't done a bad job, but trust me they all slack after they get married and spoiled. Everyone I know thinks I'm awful b/c I lay James' work clothes out for him each night, but I figure it's alot better than getting blinded by the closet light while I'm trying to sleep!

When I first got married, I soon refused to do my husband's ironing of HIS shirts. Every dang shirt he owned was cotton oxfords that needed massive ironing. After putting a fist through the downstairs bathroom door because he was ironing creases and crinkles INTO his shirt, he finally got his technique down :rolleyes:

gapeach

Big Mutts
I hardly ever iron :eek: I take everything directly out of dryer and hang it up. If we're gonna wear something then I look to see if it needs ironing and do it then. I got tired of ironing things and then having to do it again b/c it got wrinkled in the closet.

Debi

bogolove...I am cracking up here!! When I first met Dave...and went to his house..EVERY DOOR IN THE KITCHEN was open...drawers...EVERYTHING. I'm thinking 'what the heck???' The guys in the family never closed anything. I can tell you that when we got married...first rule...NO OPEN DOORS/DRAWERS/ANYTHING in our house. LOL guess I should of harped a bit on this laundry issue....cause he doesn't leave anything open now! hey guys...not picking....just pondering the differences in the genders. LOL

gapeach

Big Mutts
hey guys...not picking....just pondering the differences in the genders. LOL[/QUOTE]

I'm with ya on that, I'm sure they can find plenty to talk about us too, although I can't think of anything ;)

Debi

Ironing........what the heck is that???????? I have the iron I got for a shower gift many moons ago........that baby still shines like new. Use it...no way....that's why we were blessed with perma press. EliNHunter...OMG oxford shirts...THANK GOODNESS you passed on THAT job!!! You are a woman after my own heart. :)

bogolove

LOL! Ironing? I don't do that. I will do the dishes, clean the house, but I HATE ironing, mostly because I am no good at it. I never iron anything of mine. Matt irons his stuff, but my stuff either better be dry cleaned or come out of the dryer looking the way I am going to wear it. I hate getting out all the stuff for it too. The ironing board, iron, starch, etc.

Saje

Island dweller
I don't own an iron. And Steve does as much housework as I do. Except the bathroom. I do the bathroom and clean up after the bunnies. Other than that he does the laundry, dishes, vacuums,... Neither of us are that tidy but we both binge clean. lol It's such an ongoing thing. My dad does more of the housework than mom and they both work fulltime. When I was a kid she was at home with us and they both did housework. I wouldn't be with a guy that didn't help out at home! :D

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Clone that man Saje..i want one. Lets see..he works..he is good to you..he loves you..AND he cleans up after himself? geeeee how did you get such respect in life?
That is all i ever asked for and never found. Better go hug him for he's a treasure and treasures are rare. ;)

Irish

HURRAY FOR ALL OF YOU WHO DO NOT IRON!!
I never have, and have been made to feel like I was somehow "different" from the other women folk in the family. :D Glad to see I'm not alone!

Members online

No members online now.