Had a very bad night

neko12_48767

I love my dog Neko
I was upstairs reading a book when I hear my step dad GSD(sable) start barking by my window. Then my dog started barking, then the dogs arcoss the street, then the other dogs in the house. I ran downstairs and ask my step dad if sable was outside and he said yes. So I went outside and called her and she did not come, and she always come when called. So i went into the house and ask again and he said why. I told him She not outside. So he went out and started calling and she did not come. SO my sister and I went around town looking and did not find her. So we came home and my step dad was still calling her and crying because he could not find her. I felt so bad because I could do nothing. So we had to go and wake up my mom so she could calm him down and he just started crying more. I never seen my step dad cry over an dog. My sister and I did not get home till almost 11:00pm. when we got home we all went to bed. WELL THIS MONING I GOT UP AND SHE WAS HOME I WAS HAPPY.SO WE THINK SOMEONE CHASED HER BECAUSE SHE NEVER LEAVES THE YARD.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
so happy for a happy ending.!!!!!
mary did that to me not to long ago, in all of her 13 years she never left the yard. I was in a total panic. understand i do!

Kase

Yeah I'm so glad she's safe and back home. I know how you must have been feeling, Casey got out once because a idiot builder left the side gate open. I was horrified, it was the worst day of my life.

Giny

Oh that must of been scary. Couldn't help but feel for your step-father, poor guy. I'm glad that she's back home safe and sound.

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
Phheeww! That IS scary!!

I've had that happen a few times with our previous Shelties..

I dunno what I'd do if Riot left.. he NEVER leaves the property now even when hes on the front lawn.. hes to "protective" of it and.. quite proud lol

Soo glad that Sable made it home!!

There is this new device you can buy, its like a homeing device. i'm thinking about buying it for Riot when we do our Search and Rescue. You can actually track exactly where they are!

Caroleg

I'm glad she's home. I'd be so worried if it was my dog.

My brother in law had a GSD (Max) that had a doggie door to a yard with a 6 foot fence. Turns out, Max would make nightly rounds of the neighborhood when everybody was sleeping and nobody knew it. He had no problem scaling the 6 foot fence, I found out because I witnessed his return early one morning. He happened to have a dead rabbit in his mouth at the time, also.

Maybe Sable is also going on nighttime walks alone that you don't know about.

yeah it`s a horrible feeling when you think you`ve lost one.Mine have never went missing for more than an hour but that was bad enough.I`ve had lost dogs stay with me till we find their owner,they`re usually unconsolable untill reunited with their people.Glad your story had a happy ending.

Members online

No members online now.