The Good News thread

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Almost a year ago, I lost one of my best friends. We "fought" I guess, and just stopped being friends. To this day I'm really not 100% as to what really happened. Everyone involved was just hurt and so we stopped talking altogether even though I've seen her at least once a week since, at church. Well last night, I don't even really know what happened but we started talking and remembering old times and my sister and I were having some other friends spend the night and we invited her to come also, and it was really really fun. :) When we invited her she started crying and said she loved my sister and I so much. I love her too, and I really hope we can be good friends again. It will never be like it was, but I really hope it will be a good thing. I feel optimistic for the first time in a long time. I missed her.

SpringerLover

Buzz slept most of last night, which meant I got sleep too. He was also able to putter around this morning without help--a really good sign!

Lauren visited me at work with the Frozo! It's festive holiday attire day at work!

I still don't have homework? :)

6 of my 24 arrows hit a paper plate. 10 yards, but I hadn't shot a bow in 10 years, never mind a compound with the sights off. Grouped pretty well actually, last 3 shots were within a smart phone size track, walking right to center.

The fact that my shoulder does not require ice is a good thing. Archery as a second sport for a cyclist with a bad rotator cuff? Very Smart.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Just need to plow through tomorrow and then I get my little mini vacation of 3 days off. I love the way the holidays fell this year, due to my schedule it means getting extra time off without having to use any vacation lol. And it'll be the same next week for New Years!

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
I already wrote about the bad in the venting thread, now for the good.

My brother made it home safely, Talon is SUPER SUPER DUPER excited to play with Zoey and they haven't stopped wresteling since 3pm so both will be tired tomorrow. Yay. Tameraire made the drive here and seems to be settling down in a nice quiet, dark spot! yay. I get some practice taking christmas pics, cool :)

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
CHRISTMAS HAS BEEN SAVED.

I used to get these all the time as a kid and it's been years since I've had one. This weekend, I was randomly reminded of them and was on a mission to get a box. Being that Christmas is so close, most stores were sold out of them and obviously aren't getting more in. I was sad that I might have to wait till NEXT YEAR. But NO, my friend is awesome and found them and bought me a box.

Probably they won't taste as awesome as I remember them LOL but I'm still pumped.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Off to the "in-laws" tomorrow with Finn for the holidays. :D I'm still anxious about the visit if I'm honest, but overall it's just my stupid anxiety talking. Finn's been there numerous times and they love him. They're not new to dogs. It will be great.

I'm excited because I'm making gluhwein for Marshall's family tomorrow for Christmas Eve (a tradition we had as a family up until my mom passed away), and we're tag-teaming pecan pies for Christmas Day dessert!

His family is so wonderful and accommodating. Allowing me to bring Finn, accommodating for my Christmas traditions (I've hopped families ever since my mum died and it brings me down a lot) and just generally making the holidays something I've been looking forward to for the first time in a long time.

<3

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I feel mostly back to normal and was able to get back to work today. Short day tomorrow and then commenceth the pie and cookie baking!

Airn

Congrats, blackrose. You look VERY happy. :)

It's freaking Christmas Eve. I LOVE Christmas. AND I CAN BRING GWEN. I'm glad to finally be... happy. It's been a hard year (it seems for everyone on Chaz) but it's finally improving. I'm hoping the streak continues.

Happy holidays, everyone. :D

Members online

No members online now.