The Venting Thread

Grab

Just missing. As best as the vet and any other dog person can tell, it's not up in there anywhere and never has been able to be palpated. He's not neutered. Just got one dangly. ;)
Many cryptorchids have testicles that are up in their abdomens and unable to be palpated. Probably not an issue now, but something to keep in mind if he has any issues down the line. That's far more likely than a dog born without a second testicle.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Testicles that are retained in the abdomen can develop sertoli cell tumors or seminoma; the dog can also experience testicular torsion (just what it sounds like, and I imagine as painful as it sounds.) Unaltered cryptorchid dogs are also flat out more likely to develop testicular cancer.

Auggie's undescended testicle was tucked up in his abdomen by his hip. The vet found it quickly, removed it easily, and it left a very small scar.

Torch

My husband let Rhys chew the ****ing laptop cord. That's what I mean when I say you have to watch him!!!! Damnit!!!!! We have been so good and so structured, Rhys is an awesome puppy, but I'm so ****ing mad about the stupid cord! I don't want Rhys getting into stuff, for his own safety. Watch him for ****'s sake!!!

SaraB

Testicles that are retained in the abdomen can develop sertoli cell tumors or seminoma; the dog can also experience testicular torsion (just what it sounds like, and I imagine as painful as it sounds.) Unaltered cryptorchid dogs are also flat out more likely to develop testicular cancer.

Auggie's undescended testicle was tucked up in his abdomen by his hip. The vet found it quickly, removed it easily, and it left a very small scar.
This. It's not just gone. It's there somewhere. Trouble waiting to happen. Undescended testicles should be removed.

Emotional black mail is my faaaaaavorite. I got contacted by a friend of a friend and HER friend was deported, leaving behind her two dogs with someone who wants them gone now or as she tells me, she'll euthanize them or leave them at the pound- "which ever is free or cheapest." One is a young Golden Retriever, not good with other males, with zero medical done and not altered, but I found him a rescue within 10 minutes. The other is a 9 year old spayed Pit/Boxer mix, friendly with every thing, UTD and no one will take her.

The friend is located in West Virginia and said if the Pitty can get to her, she'll happily have her. I can work out a transport, but I have to go pick up her up and hold her here until the route is filled. Not a big deal, but it hasn't been two weeks since Elsa was adopted and I'm trying to take a break and heal from her absence. She has no where else to go, so of course I can't say no.

My husband let Rhys chew the ****ing laptop cord. That's what I mean when I say you have to watch him!!!! Damnit!!!!! We have been so good and so structured, Rhys is an awesome puppy, but I'm so ****ing mad about the stupid cord! I don't want Rhys getting into stuff, for his own safety. Watch him for ****'s sake!!!
Do you have a warranty on your laptop? Pirate did this when he was small and I sent it to the company as it was still under warranty. They replaced the cord, no questions asked.

Just got a phone call from my bosses telling me that my fellow staff are pretty fed up with me. That they understand the stress of the past few months, but that they've reached their limit.

We had the "what direction do you want to go" talk.

My answer was finding a new job in the next two months.

Sigh.
That sucks. I'm sorry. :(

SaraB

Laptop cords are super cheap on amazon.. Not that I've had to replace a few or anything....

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
I screwed up. Yet again.

Tuition is due on the 5th at 7:00 pm. For some friggin' reason, I thought it was due on the 12th. I didn't call about my tuition check until like, 4 days ago. So the chances of it getting here in time is slim. Which means I will most likely loose the one class I'm signed up for, and have to play footsie with TWO classes instead of ONE for the fall semester. I got an email today saying it has been mailed, but to my dads house. Which means, I have to call my mom who has to call my dad who has to call her when it comes in and then she has to go pick it up so that I can get my check. If my dad were nice, this would be much easier.

Thankfully everything is worked out to come to my house from now on. And now that I've got my sh*t together, I won't have to deal with limited registration from now on.

All of these "problems" are short term. I'm just irked that I'm such a scatterbrain about this lately. I'm usually so organized.

Hubby just got home from work, I've been sitting in the bathroom for two and a half hours because there's a bee in the house... I'm highly allergic to them and was home with just Winnie. Thankfully she's down for bed, but I haven't had a scare like that in quite a while. ;( Sting + epipen in my purse which is in the car = dead me. I'm so stupid!!!

Lyzelle

Checked Zane's mouth today and the same molar that was giving him issues before is absolutely rotten looking. I'll be surprised if it isn't infected. And I'm pissed because I wanted it EXTRACTED because of this. And they didn't do it, saying it didn't need it. And now I'll have to go back and shell out the $$$ for them to fix it!

And I don't HAVE the $$$ to fix it! :wall:

I didn't have the money to go to the DR tomorrow either, but I was going to because it was needed. So now I'll be putting that off again.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Just got a phone call from my bosses telling me that my fellow staff are pretty fed up with me. That they understand the stress of the past few months, but that they've reached their limit.

We had the "what direction do you want to go" talk.

My answer was finding a new job in the next two months.

Sigh.
Just going to add to this... that my landlord called me today (he owns my home, I rent it from him). He and his wife are getting divorced. It's an ugly one, too. Regardless, I'm locked into my rent until April so it's not like I'm getting kicked out, but things may get interesting in the next few months depending how their legal proceedings go...

Seriously WTF. The house closed yesterday. Yesterday. FINALLY. Can I enjoy ONE day of relative peace before getting a pile of bricks poured on my head?

Saeleofu

Laptop cords are super cheap on amazon.. Not that I've had to replace a few or anything....
Definitely this. I just had to replace mine after Logan decided out of the blue a couple weeks ago that it looked like a good snack. And he's FOUR YEARS OLD. He knows not to chew on ****. But at least it was around $6 to replace.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Just going to add to this... that my landlord called me today (he owns my home, I rent it from him). He and his wife are getting divorced. It's an ugly one, too. Regardless, I'm locked into my rent until April so it's not like I'm getting kicked out, but things may get interesting in the next few months depending how their legal proceedings go...

Seriously WTF. The house closed yesterday. Yesterday. FINALLY. Can I enjoy ONE day of relative peace before getting a pile of bricks poured on my head?
:( That's not fair. You do deserve a break. I hope you get one soon.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I signed up for a computer help forum and posted all my crash dumps to get an outsider's opinion. They looked at everything and said "All your crashes are different, your drivers are all up to date, it looks like you have a hardware issue."

Best Buy swore up and down it was NOT a hardware issue.

sigh.
even if it is a hardware issue I'll have to dish out the money to replace it myself I guess even though I HAVE a warranty.

FG167

Aikon's brother is missing a testicle too. :( I do not want to make this decision. I skipped out on doing everything I said I would do so I could lay in bed and feel terrible...and cuddle with my puppy. Sucks.

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
Aikon's brother is missing a testicle too. :( I do not want to make this decision. I skipped out on doing everything I said I would do so I could lay in bed and feel terrible...and cuddle with my puppy. Sucks.
Maybe wait a bit yet. How old is he? I'd you aren't planning on breeding him then I would just wait and see.

Members online

No members online now.