Lots of snow!

DenoLo

We got a couple feet of snow overnight! Lola is pretty displeased by the whole deal. Lucy mainly does zooms down the path we made for them, but occasionally she goes out and bunny-hops through the deep stuff.

DenoLo

A few more. These girls crack me up, "Go climb that 15 foot snow bank and I'll give you a kibble" OH OK

DenoLo

I love your dogs though i must've missed lucy's story. She is just stunning!
Thank you! Lola's just the nicest, easiest going dog. Can take her anywhere, and do just about anything with that girl. She's introduced me to therapy and agility.

Lucy was found on the side of a rural Mississippi road with her litter mates and transported up here with a rescue. She's going to be 2 sometime this year. She was a little homely when she was a baby but thankfully she grew into her looks.
[/IMG]

Rescue thought she was a German Shepherd, but once we got her home she was pretty obviously not. She only grew to be 35 lbs, tall and long-legged but very sleek. I think she's mostly Border Collie, but who knows! Her biggest issues is that she's painfully shy with people and although she's really great with dogs off leash she's really reactive with them on-leash. I'm hoping to do agility with her eventually, but I feel like I'm not completely confident in managing her reactivity yet so we need a few private lessons.

But despite all that she's a really fun little dog. SUPER focused and motivated to work. Boundless energy but she's developed a really good off switch in the house. As much as she hates to be touched by strangers, she's insanely sweet and goofy with people in her small little circle of friends.

Toller_08

Looks like Lucy's enjoying the snow quite a bit! What a pretty girl she is. And poor Lola haha. She definitely has my sympathy. I'm not a big fan of snow either - especially that much at once. Cute pictures!

DenoLo

Thank you!!! Lola's hatred of the snow is lessening now that it's hardened up and she can walk on top of it without falling through. The bigger dogs think she's some kind of magic wizard dog.

I.Want.That.Snow.

Right now.

LOVE these!! They must be having the most fun ever leaping through that! I really like that last one of Lucy, so much.

DenoLo

I.Want.That.Snow.

Right now.

LOVE these!! They must be having the most fun ever leaping through that! I really like that last one of Lucy, so much.

Oh it's so great. 20 minutes of bunny hopping through that deep snow and Lucy's a perfect tired angel the rest of the night.

DenoLo

So a week removed and we're down to about 6-8 inches of VERY dense, packed snow that the dogs can sort of just walk on top of. Nobody's really a fan of this kind of snow, but I still convinced the Luce goose to act like a goofball for pictures.

Lola meanwhile...is quite eager for spring

DenoLo

Welp, almost 3 weeks later and there's still over a foot of snow on the ground. But now it's hard, icy, gross snow so nobody is really enjoying it except maybe Lucy.

Yard laps:

Made it up a 5 foot pile of logs (After one failed attempt) and is extremely impressed with herself.

Protesting coming back inside

Lo can do logs too.

DenoLo

I love Lo and Lucy so much <3

And LOVE the photos, especially in your last post!!
Thank you! The last ones I've finally gotten brave enough to use my camera on manual.

I'm pretty much done with winter. Poor Lo hasn't been able to run around outside since mid December. I will it to be spring.

Lucy's really come a long way. I love me some 2 year old Lucy.

DenoLo

They are both so adorable! Lucy just has this quality to her that really makes you go back and stare at her..
Thanks! Yeah, Lucy tends to draw a lot of comments when we're out and about. They both do actually, Lo gathers crowds of squealing girls and Lucy gets comments like "I like your coyote" and "That dog looks like some sort of mythical creature or something":rofl1:

Members online

No members online now.