The Venting Thread

Taqroy

It's pretty persistent in CS and CIS programs. Adam said there were only maybe 20 women who graduated from his CIS program. I already snarked off to one professor when he screwed up and assumed it was my screwup. :eek:
That's crazy. I never had anyone do that to me in the CIS program when I was in college. Our program had quite a few women teachers though - I bet that makes a big difference.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I hate the post office. More specifically I hate this one guy at the post office. I've shipped prints to people via parcel post with tracking literally dozens of times. One time maybe six months ago this lady told me "you can't send that parcel post. You can only send this envelope priority."

So I went home, pulled out ALL my receipts where I've sent it parcel, and called to talk to a manager. She went and checked with another clerk and came back and said "They said you're right, you can send it parcel."

I haven't had an issue with this ever since and have sent stuff parcel over and over since then.... until today, when I was unfortunate enough to stop by and see this guy at the desk. I HATE having to go to his window. He's a real jerk, I've seen him be a jerk to other people and he's been a jerk to me. (I told my co-workers this and he said his brother calls this guy "the badger" - so everybody knows him as the big jerk.) So he tells me the same thing. I told him I've sent it that way dozens of times before. He says "They sent it wrong."
DOZENS of times?

Get this: he then says "it's not big enough and *BENDS ENVELOPES* it bends."

I was stunned. HE JUST BENT MY PRINT in a photo document mailer with DO NOT BEND written on it! I've been told before "we don't bend mail" (which I know is a lie, I've had prints delivered to people and BENT to make them fit in their mailboxes before) AND HE JUST DID IT RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF ME!!

So I said FIRST of all PLEASE don't bend my photos in my photo mailer. No response from him on that (I notice when somebody is being a douche to a customer and are called on it, they tend to just not say anything.) I told him I was told this once before, called and spoke to a supervisor at the other branch, and they told me I was in fact right.
So he says "Well they're WRONG but I'll do it this ONE TIME, but I'm going to call and check on that."
"Please do," I said dryly.

So then he's all obviously mad, throwing stuff around, jabbing his computer screen. And get this, he mutters "Can't believe our SUPERVISORS are telling us what to do."
Ummmm??? THAT'S WHAT A SUPERVISOR DOES YOU MORON.
"Actually, she checked with the clerks and they're the ones who told her that was correct."
"Well *I'M* the trainer so THEY'RE giving out wrong information."

Good God, the guy everybody knows as the jerk at the post office is the trainer. We're all screwed.

He was so pissed off he didn't even charge me for the envelope. I should have just walked away without paying for it, but it gave me a bit more satisfaction to point out he hadn't charged me for my envelope yet. Dumbass.

I frickin' hate the USPS.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Oh Beanie you were a lot nicer to him than I would of been, especially if he would of bent my envelope that says DO NOT BEND on it RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME.
I cannot stand ignorant, douchebag people.

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
That's crazy. I never had anyone do that to me in the CIS program when I was in college. Our program had quite a few women teachers though - I bet that makes a big difference.
Definitely no female professors in the computer department here. :( I'm transferring in the fall, so we'll see if it's any different at another school. Not many women are interested in programming, I guess, but I like math and science and have no interest in using my art degree that I've spent so much time on. :p

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I hate the post office. More specifically I hate this one guy at the post office. I've shipped prints to people via parcel post with tracking literally dozens of times. One time maybe six months ago this lady told me "you can't send that parcel post. You can only send this envelope priority."

So I went home, pulled out ALL my receipts where I've sent it parcel, and called to talk to a manager. She went and checked with another clerk and came back and said "They said you're right, you can send it parcel."

I haven't had an issue with this ever since and have sent stuff parcel over and over since then.... until today, when I was unfortunate enough to stop by and see this guy at the desk. I HATE having to go to his window. He's a real jerk, I've seen him be a jerk to other people and he's been a jerk to me. (I told my co-workers this and he said his brother calls this guy "the badger" - so everybody knows him as the big jerk.) So he tells me the same thing. I told him I've sent it that way dozens of times before. He says "They sent it wrong."
DOZENS of times?

Get this: he then says "it's not big enough and *BENDS ENVELOPES* it bends."

I was stunned. HE JUST BENT MY PRINT in a photo document mailer with DO NOT BEND written on it! I've been told before "we don't bend mail" (which I know is a lie, I've had prints delivered to people and BENT to make them fit in their mailboxes before) AND HE JUST DID IT RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF ME!!

So I said FIRST of all PLEASE don't bend my photos in my photo mailer. No response from him on that (I notice when somebody is being a douche to a customer and are called on it, they tend to just not say anything.) I told him I was told this once before, called and spoke to a supervisor at the other branch, and they told me I was in fact right.
So he says "Well they're WRONG but I'll do it this ONE TIME, but I'm going to call and check on that."
"Please do," I said dryly.

So then he's all obviously mad, throwing stuff around, jabbing his computer screen. And get this, he mutters "Can't believe our SUPERVISORS are telling us what to do."
Ummmm??? THAT'S WHAT A SUPERVISOR DOES YOU MORON.
"Actually, she checked with the clerks and they're the ones who told her that was correct."
"Well *I'M* the trainer so THEY'RE giving out wrong information."

Good God, the guy everybody knows as the jerk at the post office is the trainer. We're all screwed.

He was so pissed off he didn't even charge me for the envelope. I should have just walked away without paying for it, but it gave me a bit more satisfaction to point out he hadn't charged me for my envelope yet. Dumbass.

I frickin' hate the USPS.
First of all ... Holy crap! :eek: & the USPS wonders why they are going out of business :/.

You are. Very nice person, Beanie, I would not have been so nice, I usually give the attitude I am given by people , if he was being an ass to me I will be an ass right back.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Freeeeeeeeeezing and full of snot!! Was sick at Xmas, I can't be due another cold for awhile! :(

This is probably repayment for seriously over doing it at the weekend. I don't think hangovers last 4 days though!

Lyzelle

I have a headache from hell, head cold, and my whole attitude is just bitchy. And it makes me feel more bitchy.

Which means Chaz is doing nothing but ticking me off today.

Time to go back to bed.

Grab

Oh irresponsible people...

We have a client at work who, last year, had several parvo pups. This year, they're back. This time, they have three litters (as all of their dogs just interbreed) and everyday they come in for treatment they have a new sickly puppy. They have the litters scattered over several properties. They also show up whenever they want, rather than at their designated timeframe. Horrible for the dogs and everyone else involved.

As a complete aside, I also saw a sickly dog someone adopted from a shelter for $295:confused: Cute dog, and it's being treated, but good lord.

Red Chrome

I have a head cold. I hate most dog people...more specifically Pit Bull people right now. And I am losing faith that I'll be able to even own more bulldog type dogs with the amazing amount of idiots running around out there. Even some people who you thought were responsible. Sick of it all. :rolleyes:

Lyzelle

I just managed to bite the inside of my cheek while sneezing.

I'm convinced I got a headcold off of the internet. It seems everyone on Chaz has a headcold. So I'm blaming all of you.

CaliTerp07

Ahhhh! We were having a fence put in today. I was SO SO SO excited. For the first time since we got (4.5 years ago) I was going to be able to let her out into the yard without fear of her climbing out, finding a loose board, etc. We lived in an apartment for 1.5 years, a house with a chain link fence for 1.5 years, and then purchased a house with a dilapidated fence 1.5 years ago.

I rushed home from work so excited to let her out and laugh when she couldn't escape.

EXCEPT THEY DIDN'T FINISH! AHHHHHHHH.

I realize this is silly because tomorrow this will be a major "good news thread" post, but tonight it is a vent because I already put my pajamas on but I have to go put warm real clothes on again and leash walk her in 20 degree weather. YUCK.

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
I know how to fix the car, I have the tools to fix the car, I have the part to fix the car, but the car is still broken. Why? Because Volkswagen. I'm seriously so mad at the car it isn't even funny.

Saeleofu

I went to go give the chickens some kale, and when I went out one of them was limping. So I go look, and there is some sort of string stuck around her legs - holding two toes together on one, just loosely on the other. I go in to get scissors, and go back out to remove it. As I removed it, it was obvious it has been there A WHILE. Like, probably a week if not longer - it was starting to grow into her leg, part of her toe was swollen behind the string, and it was stuck under the scales (fortunately I was able to fully remove it, and there are no open wounds). I don't see the chickens every day - they're not mine, they're my parents'. I see them in the daylight maybe once every 7-10 days. My mom goes out to "check on them" several times a day. HOW DID SHE NOT NOTICE ONE OF THEM WAS LIMPING AND HAD HER FEET ALL KNOTTED UP IN STRING? The hen seems to be doing fine now, but come on, checking on the chickens means CHECKING THEM :mad: And then she didn't even say thank you for doing it :rolleyes:

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
I need help letting go of someone :( I want to. I NEED to. But for some reason I can't :(
I should not be this stressed about someone.

ETA: Never mind. This person has given me all the ammo I need in to cut ties the last 2 days and just put the cherry on top 10 mins ago.

Last edited:

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
My extended family has to be so dramatic sometimes. Sending mass text messages to the entire family about anything personal, let alone things that are not true, is just really not cool.

Members online

No members online now.