Shiba Inus.... im in LOVE

naturesgift

Mo Wildlife Rehabber
I met one the other day... simply breathtaking! Anyone have a Shiba Inu that I can drool over pictures of them?

MicksMom

Aren't they cute? Every once in awhile I see one. We had one in class a few years ago, too. From what I've learned about them, they can be rather strong willed, tho.

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
my landlady has 3 rescue ones, i havent interacted much with them ,but she says they remind her of the huskies she used to have.
i dont know how true that is to standard though :/

naturesgift

Mo Wildlife Rehabber
yeah sadly the 2 I met were in a puppymill. I get to meet the strangest of ppl when picking up wildlife:mad:

Almost took a 3 day old frenchie home with me but she passed away well I was there.

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
I've met a herd of them, there's a family that does agility that has at least 6, I'm not sure about retirees at home. LOL

naturesgift

Mo Wildlife Rehabber
yep If I didnt have my babies..this would be a breed to consider rescueing out of a shelter. THey remind me of foxes lol

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
There's a member here, Tempera Tantrum, who has beautiful Shibas and is very knowledgeable about the breed, but I haven't seen her around in a while. :(

naturesgift

Mo Wildlife Rehabber
Yeah That would be WAYYYY off in the future as I have three babies.

AdrianneIsabel gorgeous pics!!!!!!

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Thank you, Shibas are a fun and very strange breed in my experience. I pet sit and have 3 shiba clients and have fostered two. I also have this coworker with one (and looking for their second). It appears a breed you either love or admire from a far distance. They are very catlike. They enjoy their space and are extremely hard to train. They are very clean and can be picky. They aren't loud but can be destructive randomly. All these Shibas I have known have at least once randomly eaten a part of a wall. lol it's always strange but its consistent with each one.

We NEVER allow any Shibas off lead (fosters, pet sitting) and rarely bother assuming the know recalls. They are however usually sweet dogs on their own terms. Basically any thing you think about cats it appears are in the shibas I have dealt with.

Members online

No members online now.