Indiana Pitty Rescues

Lossalfling

Ferret Keeper
Does anyone know of some good rescues here?
I spend three days a week at my local shelter, Sadly this is county shelter with a kill policy. The warden and ass. warden do everything in there power to keep ALL the dogs as long as they can if they have any chance of finding a good home.

I do socialazation and temperment testing on the animals.

Pitties are a problem, There are very few people in this county that seem to want to adopt these lovely animals. We currently have two that have great dispositions both under a year old and I would love to see them go to a pitty rescue or a pitty familiar foster home.

though the warden does do alot of work with rescues we have not found any good pitty rescues , or the ones we have found are full.. Any suggestions would be most welcome.!

bubbatd

I know that Indianapolis HS does their best to place them . They don't blame the breed ~ they blame the owners .

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
I am so relieved that we are moving out of an area that is "infected" with BSL. Once we get settled in, we will be looking for a permanent addition to our home- it will most likely be a so called "pit mix" from a rescue.

Anyway... here is a link I found with some local rescues:

Adoption

Maxy24

Found this, not sure how good they are but they're a pit rescue and their dogs live in foster homes.
AKA Pit Bull Rescue

ETA: Found some more:
Casa Del Toro Pit Bull Education & Rescue
(these guys are full right now) Country Kennel Bully Rescue
American Staffordshire Terrier Rescue Organization

Also remember that you don't need a pit bull rescue, you just need a rescue that takes pits. I would go on petfinder and search pit bulls in Indiana, then look at rescues that have some pit bulls in their care. I know we have a humane society that usually has lots of pit bulls, they are not a pit bull rescue but they always have some. In fact they are sometimes given pits from our rescue because the woman who runs our rescue doesn't think we can handle them :rolleyes:

Lossalfling

Ferret Keeper
Sorry its been awhile since I responded and thank you all for this. We had contacted all those and they where full.. for some strange reason the Indy HS number is disconnected.
Sad to say that the pitties we did have have now been put down:/ It was terrible as both the dog warden and his assistant had to make this hard choice and you could see it broke both of their hearts. I will keep trying though as we have another one that has just come in that seems to have a great temperment, just need to work with him a bit more. Thanks again for the links

Members online

No members online now.