Cat pee and vinegar

Saje

Island dweller
I had a cat that peed on a chair. I can still smell it. The cat is gone so I'm not worried about re-marking I just want to make sure I can't smell it anymore. Is vinegar strong enough? This is an old upholstered reclining style chair so lots of absorbent material. I'd prefer to keep it for sentimental reasons but the smell has to go.

Saje

Island dweller
Did you have to just pour it on ... or how much? Seems to me the pee has soaked in or I wouldn't still be able to smell it.

Romy

Taxiderpy
Our cat peed on our futon once. Right in the center (argh!). We tried the vinegar, and it seemed to work until I got pregnant and super sensitive to smells. Then I realized that it still reeked. So we got a small bottle of enzymatic cleaner and just dumped it on the spot so that it was saturated. That destroyed the pee forever. I wish we had done it that way to begin with.

Saje

Island dweller
Yeah I'm worried I'll have to do that. Not worried but... I have to order it online and it's a pita to get shipped lol. Now I'm worried that I'm pregnant :eek: :rofl1:

Saje

Island dweller
Yeah I think I can get that one locally but I heard the company was sold and now it isn't as good as it used to be.

Romy

Taxiderpy
We used target brand enzymatic cleaner. I think the bottle was $4.50 ro something like that, and we just dumped the whole bottle on. It seemed to work well. It also worked when Dummy Cat decided to unload her bladder in the center of our mattress. :mad:

Members online

No members online now.