Ratlets!

Eeee, so cute :) Are there any pictures of daddy rat?
No, sadly these babies come to me as rescues, due to careless breeding I have got two rescued female ratties that are peggo. One is the one that already had babies, the other is a very pretty beige Rex.

Yes, that would be the milk belly, which is always the most important thing to look for with new babies!

What cuties by the way! :)

Brood #2 - Goobers Litter

This is the SECOND litter of ratlets, from another preggo female rat. This is Goober's litter of pups. I will be documenting their growth here :)

They are not even a couple hours old in these pictures :)

This is the first brood, coming up on 1 day old - this is Gizmo's Litter of munchkins. I will reupdate this thread later today with more photos of them. I just woke up and momma rat is nursing and I want to leave it be, with them undisturbed.

Well Gizmo has 10 of her own, we moved two of Goobers over to her so she has 12.

Goober is still giving birth to ratties, I haven't had a chance to count yet but it looks like it will be over 10.

Goobers offical count is at 13, however 2 were moved to Gizmo so she has 11 with her at the moment. Let's pray she starts acting like a good mommy so I don't have to move babies.

Last edited:
Love Rats but can't have them in Alberta. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread...very sweet!:)

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
cuties with good full bellies!

cant wait to see if any of goobers babies rex out :)
if they do you may have to be sedning me a pair of girls :p

We are hoping, Rex's are popular adoptive rat. We had hairless but they got snatched up so fast - barely here a week.

YodelDogs

A long time ago I used to raise rats. They make fabulous pets. They have so much more personality than mice, gerbils, or hamsters and are more interactive with people. Good luck finding good homes for the babies. :)

KenyiGirl

Navy Sister
Ah, so you will be adopting them out? I don't know much about rats, do the regular ones with hair go pretty quickly?

Members online

No members online now.