Bleeding?

noludoru

Bored Now.
So what's the deal with bitches bleeding during heat? I know poodles do it, but I thought it wasn't a normal thing. From some of the posts I've read lately, I'm starting to get the impression it is? Also, we gals bleed after we're in "heat," I guess you'd say, but our dogs bleed during it? Why is that? What causes it?

I'm just not sure where to start searching on this topic. Any links + info (about dog's heat, not human, please) you have for me would be just lovely. :)

mrose_s

BusterLove
dogs do it before pretty much, they bleed THEN the guys get frisky. when she starts curling her tail and standing with her back to him she's right on

noludoru

Bored Now.
Thank you :) Those links were great, but don't really answer my question of what's happening in there to cause it. I'm not having much luck with my research on the topic, either. :( Apparently all the sex-education answers of what your uterus is doing aren't as popular for dogs!

showpug

Thank you :) Those links were great, but don't really answer my question of what's happening in there to cause it. I'm not having much luck with my research on the topic, either. :( Apparently all the sex-education answers of what your uterus is doing aren't as popular for dogs!
The bleeding takes place before the dog ovulates to prepare for the puppies. About the time the bleeding becomes very light or changes in color is when the dog is very near ovulation. It is usually when people think their bitch is done with heat that she is actually fertile!

One week bleed start lt gets heavy
One week bleeding gets pinkish and slows down ( ovulation occurs)
One week no bleeding can still get pregant on the way out but still issues can occur.

3 Weeks the mid one I call HELL WEEK.
I dont leave the house Mid week
I dont show a dog that is end of 1st week or mid week or last week.

Members online

No members online now.